F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Using my exhaust instead of giving the finger
proTUNING Freaks

07-01-2017, 06:04 PM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Using my exhaust instead of giving the finger

So I got cut off by some douche driving a bucket. He was driving about 10 miles below the speed limit after cutting me off. When he pulled into the left turn lane I let 'er rip by downshifting into first and opening up the throttle just a little bit. Car accelerated past him like a boss and exhaust let off a gunshot after passing him. I could see the startled look on his face while I gave him a pissed look in the rear view. Way better than giving him the finger lol.
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
lemonchicken
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i blue

wow. you are super cool. the coolest even.
Appreciate 14
spuntyb4060.50
Ishan99115.00
donkey464.00
cmplaya211.50
jtskariah130.00
mfstrby99.50
kern4174449.50
AudiA4647.50
pz6193278.50
miked07132.50
pt335i1.00
      07-02-2017, 10:12 AM   #3
RoundelM3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 F80 M3, 22 G01 X3 30i

Garage List
2022 BMW X3  [9.83]
2015 BMW M3  [6.50]
I bet all the other kids in your high school think you're the MAN!

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2022 X3 sDrive30i 8AT Brooklyn Grey
Appreciate 2
Ishan99115.00
donkey464.00
      07-02-2017, 11:02 AM   #4
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Don't listen to the haters, I actually do think you're pretty cool.
Appreciate 1
miked07132.50
      07-02-2017, 11:05 AM   #5
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Cool story bro. We need more info like mods on your car and what kind of "bucket" he had.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #6
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ilver-5amurai View Post
Don't listen to the haters, I actually do think you're pretty cool.
yes, it's better than getting into a road rage situation, I'm just driving my car and it does what it's supposed to do, nice and subtle without being too over the top. I'm not trying to be cool just trying to send a subtle message that cutting people off and driving 5 miles per hour on a 40 mile per hour road is bad form. I think he did it intentionally just to be a jerk.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #7
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Cool story bro. We need more info like mods on your car and what kind of "bucket" he had.
didn't have any mods, though it looks like it did. stock exhaust. It wasn't about what kind of car he was driving, just the way he was driving.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 11:09 AM   #8
Rick4345
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 WRX World Rally Blue

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
So I got cut off by some douche driving a bucket. He was driving about 10 miles below the speed limit after cutting me off. When he pulled into the left turn lane I let 'er rip by downshifting into first and opening up the throttle just a little bit. Car accelerated past him like a boss and exhaust let off a gunshot after passing him. I could see the startled look on his face while I gave him a pissed look in the rear view. Way better than giving him the finger lol.
Very responsible. That showed him.......your shoe size versus your age. ??
      07-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick4345 View Post
Very responsible. That showed him.......your shoe size versus your age. ??
I think you're not getting the context, I was driving a stock car and driving the posted speed limit rather than 5 miles per hour. More of a subtle jab than an in your face type of thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 12:10 PM   #10
5ilver-5amurai
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
yes, it's better than getting into a road rage situation, I'm just driving my car and it does what it's supposed to do, nice and subtle without being too over the top. I'm not trying to be cool just trying to send a subtle message that cutting people off and driving 5 miles per hour on a 40 mile per hour road is bad form. I think he did it intentionally just to be a jerk.
Every one of us is guilty of doing something similar lol. Whether it's the glare we give drivers who are driving super slow, or the go around when someone cuts one of us off. The best is the person that tailgates you on the highway, and when you move over for them, they proceed to drive at the same speed you were driving at. The one thing I've learnt on this forum over the past few years is that sarcasm or straight up hating is almost mandatory in every thread

Last edited by 5ilver-5amurai; 07-02-2017 at 12:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 01:31 PM   #11
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Quote:
Every one of us is guilty of doing something similar lol. Whether it's the glare we give drivers who are driving super slow, or the go around when someone cuts one of us off. The best is the person that tailgates you on the highway, and when you move over for them, they proceed to drive at the same speed you were driving at. The one thing I've learnt on this forum over the past few years is that sarcasm or straight up hating is almost mandatory in every thread
I do this with semis in the left lane who want to pass the truck on the right but going 1 mph faster then them so as not mess up their mileage plan.

If they use the left lane to do this (and the do daily) after they move over to the right, I get in front them on the right and slow way down forcing them to brake and loose their momentum and then they have to rev back up, killing their mileage.

I could understand if the truck they are trying to pass is below the speed limit, but this is literally so they do not to brake, and cut into the left lane and I have to slow down quickly and quite a bit (granted I'm going over the speed limit, but let's stay on topic)

It's immature and I waste gas when I gun it after slowing down to 50, but dammit something has to be done about this epidemic, and I'm willing to do it
Appreciate 1
cngo56.00
      07-02-2017, 01:37 PM   #12
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoshark View Post
I do this with semis in the left lane who want to pass the truck on the right but going 1 mph faster then them so as not mess up their mileage plan.

If they use the left lane to do this (and the do daily) after they move over to the right, I get in front them on the right and slow way down forcing them to brake and loose their momentum and then they have to rev back up, killing their mileage.

I could understand if the truck they are trying to pass is below the speed limit, but this is literally so they do not to brake, and cut into the left lane and I have to slow down quickly and quite a bit (granted I'm going over the speed limit, but let's stay on topic)

It's immature and I waste gas when I gun it after slowing down to 50, but dammit something has to be done about this epidemic, and I'm willing to do it
Jay Leno does burnouts on his show, which he refers to as immature. I would say I'm okay with that but probably not on public roads (though technically the "driveway" where he does them is a public road).
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 01:46 PM   #13
NWest
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:

I can see how some bad truck drivers can give the rest an ugly name, but you could insert "BMW" to replace "truck" in that statement, also.

Truckers have to put up with a ton of BS from dumbass drivers daily, everyone is cutting them off at every chance. Most of the trucks on the highway I encounter stay mostly in the right-hand lanes except when passing, and I try to wait until they get back over instead of getting pissed/impatient.

Unless you shop for everything online, the majority of stuff you buy at all your brick and mortar stores come via truck or rail, its necessary to have them on the road, like it or not, it's their "office".
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #14
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWest View Post
Quote:

I can see how some bad truck drivers can give the rest an ugly name, but you could insert "BMW" to replace "truck" in that statement, also.

Truckers have to put up with a ton of BS from dumbass drivers daily, everyone is cutting them off at every chance. Most of the trucks on the highway I encounter stay mostly in the right-hand lanes except when passing, and I try to wait until they get back over instead of getting pissed/impatient.

Unless you shop for everything online, the majority of stuff you buy at all your brick and mortar stores come via truck or rail, its necessary to have them on the road, like it or not, it's their "office".
This is maddening happens so much that it is not a case of "Give the poor truck driver some slack"

They cut into the lane regardless of who is approaching or how much room they have. On a 3-4 Lane Freeway they are not supposed to go into the left 2 lanes let alone the farthest left lane which I'm specifically referring to
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 02:46 PM   #15
KGB_123_99
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 330ix M-Sport, '09 528ix

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One day a semi will hit you from behind in his own act of rage for doing this. I have seen it happen personally in real life. Yes, you will be in the right and he will be in the wrong but you will have to deal with a wrecked car, insurance paperwork and stress. Do you have time for that? Not worth the hassle imo.
Appreciate 2
GCinFLA284.00
spuntyb4060.50
      07-02-2017, 03:46 PM   #16
GCinFLA
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Playing chicken with a Semi.

Super Intelligent.

No wonder BMW Drivers are the most hated on the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 04:00 PM   #17
XxThe_RemedyXx
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinFLA View Post
Quote:

Super Intelligent.

Subaru drivers IMO are the most hated.
      07-02-2017, 04:08 PM   #18
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxThe_RemedyXx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCinFLA View Post
Quote:

Super Intelligent.

Subaru drivers IMO are the most hated.
I'd say Volvo drivers
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 04:09 PM   #19
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

One day a semi will hit you from behind in his own act of rage for doing this. I have seen it happen personally in real life. Yes, you will be in the right and he will be in the wrong but you will have to deal with a wrecked car, insurance paperwork and stress. Do you have time for that? Not worth the hassle imo.
True...
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 04:25 PM   #20
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm always tempted to do the same, but holy shit are truck drivers under pressure and under the gun. We shouldn't all have to suffer for it though, and this really drives me nuts too. I feel ya, but be careful messing with a 20 ton truck and an overworked, tired driver.

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 10:12 PM   #21
Kailec
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
This is maddening happens so much that it is not a case of "Give the poor truck driver some slack"

They cut into the lane regardless of who is approaching or how much room they have. On a 3-4 Lane Freeway they are not supposed to go into the left 2 lanes let alone the farthest left lane which I'm specifically referring to
I'm usually a fairly calm person, but I admit to getting into a bit of road rage more often that I'd care to admit. That being said, the last thing I'd consider doing is cutting in front of a truck like that. All it would take is a split second of inattentiveness from the truck driver and at best you would have a damaged car, and at worst you'd lose your life. Not worth it man.. Dunno if you saw thing:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3889596/amp/Polish-lorry-driver-30-killed-mother-three-children-scrolling-mobile-phone-change-music-jailed-ten-years.html

Crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2017, 10:27 PM   #22
chicagoshark
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailec View Post
Quote:

I'm usually a fairly calm person, but I admit to getting into a bit of road rage more often that I'd care to admit. That being said, the last thing I'd consider doing is cutting in front of a truck like that. All it would take is a split second of inattentiveness from the truck driver and at best you would have a damaged car, and at worst you'd lose your life. Not worth it man.. Dunno if you saw thing:

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3889596/amp/Polish-lorry-driver-30-killed-mother-three-children-scrolling-mobile-phone-change-music-jailed-ten-years.html

Crazy.
I get everyone's point. For clarification sake, I don't do this often, and I don't cut in front of them, i change lanes in front of them, and I start slowing down. I'm not slamming on the brakes. I slow down with room between us...

But yes,it is a form of road rage and it is behavior that is best avoided... i will try haha
Appreciate 1
cngo56.00