M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

06-08-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
M5Beast_NYC
Major
Rep
Drives: 15 M5

NYS inspections and Tints...

Argh!!! Cant believe this stupid tint law is causing so much problems with NYS inspection....

anybody that can help, please PM me.

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
Blacross
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Tundra

Inspect. Tint. Remove. Inspect. Repeat.

Some tinters are offering credits toward reapplication when you pay them to remove to stay in business. Look for that if you're gonna tint. Otherwise shrug.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #3
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

This is exactly why I haven't done tints....yet. There may be some small garages that work on less expensive cars that also do inspections that potentially would not think about the windows. Very fucking frustrating.

It may take another 6 months for this ny state thing to die down some. For now, these shops are worried about that $800 or so fine. This also tells me you have to know a guy well that works at one of these places since they are not trusting anybody......blah blah blah

Hopefully someone can help especially since my post has kinda been worthless lol
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 08:39 AM   #4
Lennon997
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

dont you guys have shops you have been going to for some time? havent had an issue at all with this with any guys ive spent tons of money and time with....

these shops are getting scared for nothing, how cna you prove you passed a car that had tints on it and the tints werent applied an hour later down the road?

this law is ridiculous
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2017, 08:44 AM   #5
GladiatorOwner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 22 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennon997 View Post
dont you guys have shops you have been going to for some time? havent had an issue at all with this with any guys ive spent tons of money and time with....

these shops are getting scared for nothing, how cna you prove you passed a car that had tints on it and the tints werent applied an hour later down the road?

this law is ridiculous
The Indy I use is in nj and it's clear that knowing your shop is the only way to get this done. BS you have to rely on this angle though.
Appreciate 0