F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Coding to close windows, moonroof and fold mirrors when locking w. key fob, C.A.
Studio RSR

06-05-2017, 11:21 AM   #1
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Coding to close windows, moonroof and fold mirrors when locking w. key fob, C.A.

Hello there, wanted to know if there's a way to code the windows and moonroof to close automatically when locking? I already know there's a way to code the folding mirrors. Every car I've owned doesn't do this and it would seem to be something obvious that it should. Maybe it's for safety reasons, but it would be good to have some sort of sensor that can detect if there's an obstruction. There should be an override in case some one is trying to car jack me when I'm in the car closing the window like if I hold the switch or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 02:13 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv Close Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding lock on Key Fob. I don't know if it considers the moon roof as a window.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 03:06 PM   #3
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
FEM_BODY 3053 KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB aktiv Close Windows/Fold Mirrors when holding lock on Key Fob. I don't know if it considers the moon roof as a window.
When I hold down the unlock button, it does all windows and the moonroof.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
When I hold down the unlock button, it does all windows and the moonroof.
So does mine, which I'll sometimes do if the car's been in the sun. But as soon as I get in and start it up the AC comes on and the windows and sun roof get closed, and they stay closed, so I've never had a reason to code them to close on locking the car, and can't say if the moon roof closes as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So does mine, which I'll sometimes do if the car's been in the sun. But as soon as I get in and start it up the AC comes on and the windows and sun roof get closed, and they stay closed, so I've never had a reason to code them to close on locking the car, and can't say if the moon roof closes as well.
My windows and moon roof stay open after I open with the key fob. The AC comes on only if I use the venting function. I still like to open the windows for ventilation and want to be able to close them on locking. Also, I've noticed there is more turbo lag on hot days with the AC on so I may turn it off. It's also for piece of mind that I know my windows are closed when I lock my car, I've left them open before.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2017, 04:44 PM   #6
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Is there a way to make it close every time you lock, not having to hold down the button and wait for it to close? Also would like not to have to hold it down to open, just have it open all the way after it starts opening.
Appreciate 0