BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 5-Series (G30) Forum Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis Dynamic Damper Control without Navigation

06-02-2017, 04:53 PM   #1
maxpavlov
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive G30

Dynamic Damper Control without Navigation

Hello.

I've ordered the G30 540i xDrive a few days back and even though the specs are finalized, I still have questions about extras. Sales people in Ukraine, where I live and have ordered the card from an official dealer, don't seem to know much about car options, at least they follow "the less tech extras you add, the more you save since most of the stuff won't work anyway either on Ukrainian roads or wireless frequencies".

My first question is about Dynamic Damper Control functioning without Professional Navigation package and without Adaptive drive.

I've read that in case I have pro navi and dynamic damper control, I will have an Adaptive button near my driving modes buttons.

But my car will have a TV option for the sake of larger screen, since navigation in Ukraine is not connected to traffic service even with the SIM card option, as far as I've been told, since BMW doesn't have a roaming partner in Ukraine or something. No traffic, no use of navi for me.

Anyways, to cut to the point, will Dynamic Damper Control still do its job of altering the suspension stiffness a bit depending on a mode selected, even without an Adaptive button?

Sorry for a long post and thanks in advance for answering.
      06-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpavlov View Post
Anyways, to cut to the point, will Dynamic Damper Control still do its job of altering the suspension stiffness a bit depending on a mode selected, even without an Adaptive button?
The Comfort and Sport modes will be continuously active in adjusting the suspension according to the mode selected.

My understanding, the additional Adaptive mode for the suspension is first of all dictated by driving style.

Quote:
"ADAPTIVE" reacts to the current driving style. The affected control units can change their parameters on the basis of the detected driving style.
Satellite navigation adds the predictive function.

Quote:
With the navigation system, the mode makes use of the available map data and optimizes "ADAPTIVE" mode by predictive functions such as early reaction to bends, junctions and road type.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 04:03 AM   #3
maxpavlov
Rep
Drives: 540i xDrive G30

HighlandPete Thank you!