F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Leak after Charge Pipe/FMIC install
Studio RSR

05-29-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
shaunbhere
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M335i

Leak after Charge Pipe/FMIC install

Hello,

Still learning about the f30 and not sure what I'm looking at. The car is a 2013 335i M. This connection is located in the drivers side grill area where fog lights are generally located. I was able to google and determine that this is an Auxiliary Radiator used for extra cooling on M Sport vehicles.

I forgot to attach the line under the FMIC back on the clips when I finished with the car and drove it once with them not hooked in. This is the end of that line. I'm not sure if I have somehow damaged the connection or if perhaps there is an O-ring inside that was somehow damaged. Has anyone removed this line? I'm not exactly sure how to remove it and the shop I want to take it to cannot get me in until next week.
Attached Images

Last edited by shaunbhere; 05-30-2017 at 09:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
xxxjecxxx2
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M Sport

Garage List
2013 F30 335i  [0.00]
2015 F15 X5  [0.00]
2017 G30 540i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbhere View Post
Hello,

Still learning about the f30 and not sure what I'm looking at. The car is a 2013 335i M. This connection is located in the drivers side grill area where fog lights are generally located. I was able to google and determine that this is an Auxiliary Radiator used for extra cooling on M Sport vehicles.

I forgot to attach the line under the FMIC back on the clips when I finished with the car and drove it once with them not hooked in. This is the end of that line. I'm not sure if I have somehow damaged the connection or if perhaps there is an O-ring inside that was somehow damaged. Has anyone removed this line? I'm not exactly sure how to remove it and the shop I want to take it to cannot get me in until next week.
I would try to reseat it but it may leak since it's full of it. Pull up the metal C clip ( flat head screw driver in the center of clip) enough where you can move the hose. Then pull the hose back but not enough where all the oil will leak out. Then push it forward to re-seat it and push the C clip back in place. Lightly pull on the connection outward to ensure the hose is seated properly. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2017, 02:59 PM   #3
shaunbhere
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine White M335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjecxxx2 View Post
I would try to reseat it but it may leak since it's full of it. Pull up the metal C clip ( flat head screw driver in the center of clip) enough where you can move the hose. Then pull the hose back but not enough where all the oil will leak out. Then push it forward to re-seat it and push the C clip back in place. Lightly pull on the connection outward to ensure the hose is seated properly. Good luck!
Thanks for posting. I removed the line to check the o-ring inside and all looked good. I figured I would try to reseat it before ordering a new hose and it seems to have stopped leaking. I need to pull out the stands today and drive it around to be sure it has indeed stopped.

Since I removed the connection I also ran the water pump to bleed the lines and get all of the air out. Will update again once I have driven the car around a bit.
Appreciate 1