E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > Looking for: homelink harness 61120434330

05-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Looking for: homelink harness 61120434330

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking for homelink harness

05-29-2017, 02:00 PM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

you do not need that harness if you are not trying to retrofit external autodim mirrors
      05-30-2017, 05:52 AM   #3
Blueeyesredpanda
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
you do not need that harness if you are not trying to retrofit external autodim mirrors
I have a 10 328i, with autodim, i just bought one with homelink, i followed the instruction to hook up with the garage door opener. Erased the old data, then held the "1" button on mirror and my remote control button at the same time. The light indication showed it had already hooked up, but once i drove up to my garage it didnt work. So i need that hardness right?
      06-07-2017, 03:19 PM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

nope, if the the led near buttons blink when you press them your homelink is connected
the only thing that it is working only when engine started
      06-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #5
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueeyesredpanda View Post
Quote:
I have a 10 328i, with autodim, i just bought one with homelink, i followed the instruction to hook up with the garage door opener. Erased the old data, then held the "1" button on mirror and my remote control button at the same time. The light indication showed it had already hooked up, but once i drove up to my garage it didnt work. So i need that hardness right?
Try pressing the learn button on your opener and while that's blinking press the button on the homelink
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2017, 01:19 PM   #6
opjose
Major
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
nope, if the the led near buttons blink when you press them your homelink is connected
the only thing that it is working only when engine started
As he said.

The Homelink electronics learns how your transmitter encodes its data and uses that protocol.

However you usually then have to also teach the receiver in your garage opener to accept the new rolling codes the Homelink sends out.

In my case the receiver would not accept the Homelink initially.

I kept trying and found that I could get a pairing when I angled the receiver antenna and put my car at an angle several car lengths from my garage.

After doing the pairing that way, I could open my garage doors from a block away... all three required this.

I believe the Homelink antenna is part of the mirror electronics. It is quite small, so as long as the transmitter lights up when you press the button, it should be working.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2017, 04:13 PM   #7
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i

Quote:
I just bought the mirror with homelink, autodim, compass. You saying I don't need the wiring harness? My outside mirrors are standard. What do I use so at least inside mirror works for the 3 functions?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2017, 04:10 AM   #8
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
I just bought the mirror with homelink, autodim, compass. You saying I don't need the wiring harness? My outside mirrors are standard. What do I use so at least inside mirror works for the 3 functions?
what type of the mirror you have now(old) ? what is your car's VIN last seven digits ?
      07-31-2017, 03:02 PM   #9
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
what type of the mirror you have now(old) ? what is your car's VIN last seven digits ?
The new is short "clown nose" with autodimm, homelink, compass on it.
The old was long "clown nose" plain with no features.

7 VIN = VH24090.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #10
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The new is short "clown nose" with autodimm, homelink, compass on it.
The old was long "clown nose" plain with no features.

7 VIN = VH24090.
your car have preparation(already installed wiring) for factory alarm system. this is mean that you have ground and alarm signal wired to your mirror
so you need three 20cm wires with square mqs pins to connect power from fzd(roof switch center) to three pins in new mirror
your car also have universal telephone(handsfree) and satellite radio preparation so you easily can add those options too

Last edited by ptpending; 08-03-2017 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2017, 11:12 PM   #11
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
your car have preparation(already installed wiring) for factory alarm system. this is mean that you have ground and alarm signal wired to your mirror
so you need one or two 20cm wires with quare mqs pins to connect power from fzd(roof switch center) to two pins in new mirror
your car also have universal telephone(handsfree) and satellite radio preparation so you easily can also add those options
Thanks so much
I'll get some wires and mqs pins.

I'd also love to get the alarm telephone satellite radio working.
Do you know if my car already has mic and other preps to make them work?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #12
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks so much
I'll get some wires and mqs pins.

I'd also love to get the alarm telephone satellite radio working.
Do you know if my car already has mic and other preps to make them work?
nope, only wiring
you need mic, bluetooth module(mulf2 or tcu MOST) with bracket and bluetooth antenna to get handsfree working
for sirius you need sirius module with bracket
for alarm you need sensor in headliner, siren and bonnet sensor
all these options will require coding
you can unclip and lift trunk cover under rear seat backrest, you'll find wiring for handsfree and sirius
      08-03-2017, 03:49 PM   #13
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
nope, only wiring
you need mic, bluetooth module(mulf2 or tcu MOST) with bracket and bluetooth antenna to get handsfree working
for sirius you need sirius module with bracket
for alarm you need sensor in headliner, siren and bonnet sensor
all these options will require coding
you can unclip and lift trunk cover under rear seat backrest, you'll find wiring for handsfree and sirius
Any chance you know the part number for the MQS pins? There are many different sizes.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 02:54 PM   #14
ptpending
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Any chance you know the part number for the MQS pins? There are many different sizes.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/part...&q=12527502039