F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Moving the 435i GC on
Extreme Powerhouse

04-30-2017, 02:47 AM   #1
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

Moving the 435i GC on

Want some advice on selling our 435i GC.

I'll admit i am very lazy when it comes to changing car and always just trade in as I've heard so many stories of time wasters, test pilots and general tyre kickers when trying to sell cars privately for > £20K that i've never bothered. anyone used autotrader recently, any good experiences / tips? Guess I have usual hangs ups selling privately around payment, test drives, insurance etc guess rule is "don't let people drive it...you drive it" ?

not sure on current value but according to "parkers" part-ex is around £25k? based on std. spec and 20k miles.

actual car is 65 plate, 16k miles, mineral grey, this was dealers original advert:

BMW 435i Gran Coupe - Mineral Grey Metallic
Brushed Aluminium Trim
M Sport Plus Package
Front Armrest Sliding Adjustment
Sports Automatic Transmission
M Sport Braking System
Harmon Kardon Loudspeaker System
Sun Protection Glass
Ext Mirrors-Folding / Anti Dazzle
Remote Services
Real time traffic information
Media Package Professional
19 inch M Double-spoke 442M Orbit Grey.
Electric front seats with driver memory.

Great car, but fancied a change so new car coming end of June.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
Ti Rich
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S D

So it looks like the optional extras are M-Sport Plus Pack and Folding mirrors. I guess these would add about £1K to the value of the standard car in the 2nd hand market.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:32 AM   #3
Chr15b
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

I've got to dispose of my wife's car which we paid the balloon as there was a 2 month gap between the pcp ending and the new lease car arriving - so couldn't trade.

My biggest concern is getting scammed on payment. I've read on the likes of piston heads all sorts of scare stories about returned bank transfers, dodgy bankers drafts, and counterfeit cash. I've always thought of the transaction were done in branch you'd be fine, but there was one story where the person paid in cash to be told later it was counterfeit and returned to them.

Whilst I'm sure there is some come-back with the bank, it's not hassle I'd voluntarily take, so would choose trade in every time where possible.

I'm currently looking at the 'we but any' type places, there are a wide range of prices being quoted though.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:51 AM   #4
pss335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F36 440i GC

I found Evan Halshaw to be slightly higher than We Buy Any Car. Also, Drivethedeal have a new section on selling a car, where trade essentially bid on your car in an auction format. Not tried it myself, but might be worth looking into (you just accept the highest bidder if you so wish)?

Current: F36 440i
Previous: M235i | E92 335d
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2017, 03:58 AM   #5
Chr15b
Private
Rep
Drives: F31 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by pss335 View Post
I found Evan Halshaw to be slightly higher than We Buy Any Car. Also, Drivethedeal have a new section on selling a car, where trade essentially bid on your car in an auction format. Not tried it myself, but might be worth looking into (you just accept the highest bidder if you so wish)?
I hadn't seen the dtd one, will take a look at that. Had seen similar on a site I'd never heard of.
Appreciate 0