F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F30 roof dented by youths
Extreme Powerhouse

04-29-2017, 12:48 PM   #1
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F32

F30 roof dented by youths

So this is what I get after a hard days work......good thing I caught them in the dash cam
Attached Images

04-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #2
skipraider
Captain
Rep
Drives: F31 BMW 335i

Did they jump on it?
      04-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #3
Boisee
Enlisted Member
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2015 F31 330D

Garage List
That's f***ing crap that. Hope you've reported it and they get brought to justice, although that probably means a tap on the back of the hand........
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #4
Darth Helmut
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 435d XD

Holy shit!

I will be expecting to hear on the Kent news that a couple of youths have just committed suicide by stabbing themselves to death in the face 50 times.....

Feel for you mate
Appreciate 3
M40CCA1437.00
      04-29-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

I couldn't believe it when I saw it...I have reported it to the Police but not much they can do as they were kids no older than 12/13 years old. One little fucker decided to jump on the bonnet and climb up and body slam himself.
But I have there faces on dash cam and one of them was wearing school uniform which also happens to be the same secondary I used to attend. So I will be paying the school a big visit come Tuesday.
      04-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #6
philiper1
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F21 M135i LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie_89 View Post
I couldn't believe it when I saw it...I have reported it to the Police but not much they can do as they were kids no older than 12/13 years old. One little fucker decided to jump on the bonnet and climb up and body slam himself.
But I have there faces on dash cam and one of them was wearing school uniform which also happens to be the same secondary I used to attend. So I will be paying the school a big visit come Tuesday.
I will be having more than a few words if it was my car, little S**ts Just wondering what sort of parents they will have!
      04-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

The police can do something about it, insist that they do!!

You have proof on camera so tell them to sort it out. At least, suggest they visit the parents of the kids who did it & ask them to cover the repair costs.

Little fuckers need to know you can't treat people's property like that & not suffer consequences!!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 01:39 PM   #8
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Little sh1ts. I hope they get a good hiding and you get that paid for!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #9
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

The police have said they will review the footage and if they are known to the police community they will keep a look out. Bollocks
Only chAnce I have of finding the little shits is if I go to the school and make the head cooperate...insurance won't touch it only if I make a claim on my own policy...makes me sick when I look at it
      04-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #10
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Age of criminal responsibility is 10.

Sounds deliberate and no accident from what you've described. I'd suggest asking local police to down load your footage and do some enquiries at the school. If the offenders can be identified, then a visit to their parents with evidence and see what they say..
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 01:53 PM   #11
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Quote:

Sounds deliberate and no accident from what you've described. I'd suggest asking local police to down load your footage and do some enquiries at the school. If the offenders can be identified, then a visit to their parents with evidence and see what they say..
And with an hefty invoice to accompany them!
      04-29-2017, 01:55 PM   #12
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
Quote:

And with an hefty invoice to accompany them!
If it had been a scratch or something low value I can understand the crime report being written off, but that's going to be high value, it's deliberate and you've got evidence of the offence/offenders.

Don't let lazy officers fob you off.
Appreciate 1
simon.922.00
      04-29-2017, 02:05 PM   #13
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

If it wasn't for the dash cam I wonder how much more damage they would have caused they stopped when one noticed the cam in the windscreen then they decided to hide there faces afterwards. Idiots

Fortunately my bro knows a close friend who owns a bodyshop so hopefully he can give me a good quote.
      04-29-2017, 02:10 PM   #14
Elrond
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i M-Sport

Taken from here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...e-and-the-law/

Quote:
A child under ten is not considered to be capable of deciding whether an action is right or wrong. They cannot be taken to court and charged with a criminal offence. If you are aged ten but under 14 years old you are considered to be responsible for a criminal offence and are treated in the same way as any young person under 18. This means that you can face criminal proceedings, although your case will normally be dealt with in a youth court.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 02:19 PM   #15
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrond View Post
Taken from here - https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/la...e-and-the-law/

Quote:
A child under ten is not considered to be capable of deciding whether an action is right or wrong. They cannot be taken to court and charged with a criminal offence. If you are aged ten but under 14 years old you are considered to be responsible for a criminal offence and are treated in the same way as any young person under 18. This means that you can face criminal proceedings, although your case will normally be dealt with in a youth court.
Thanks for that I will certainly be using this advise!
      04-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #16
Ross_T_Boss
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d Touring

That's pretty appalling. It makes me feel bad for raising an eyebrow at a few loud youths walking past the house at midnight on a weekend every now and then, about as bad as it gets around here!

The issue in society isn't so much that kids do this, I remember being a bit of a thug on a council estate around 8-12 years old. It's the lack of correction and accountability that concerns me! I would have expected the police to be on it, approach the head (who should have the scrotes in detention for weeks on end) and take it up with the parents, if they can't or won't pay up then criminal charges are the only way.

But what its seems is that the police can't be arsed to follow up, the school probably shrug it off (if this had happened when I was at school there would be hell to play - i almost got suspended for getting pushed along in a Morrisons trolly in my school uniform!) and parents are likely as bad themselves and will offer no support or correction.... so the cycle continues with generations of scum.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 02:40 PM   #17
320dAsh
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Touring

The parents/guardians can be done for criminal damage.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2017, 02:43 PM   #18
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
If it wasn't for the dash cam I wonder how much more damage they would have caused they stopped when one noticed the cam in the windscreen then they decided to hide there faces afterwards. Idiots

Fortunately my bro knows a close friend who owns a bodyshop so hopefully he can give me a good quote.
The little wankers!!

I always thought that any roof damage was immediate write off!?
      04-29-2017, 02:45 PM   #19
M40CCA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xdrive LCI msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross_T_Boss View Post
That's pretty appalling. It makes me feel bad for raising an eyebrow at a few loud youths walking past the house at midnight on a weekend every now and then, about as bad as it gets around here!

The issue in society isn't so much that kids do this, I remember being a bit of a thug on a council estate around 8-12 years old. It's the lack of correction and accountability that concerns me! I would have expected the police to be on it, approach the head (who should have the scrotes in detention for weeks on end) and take it up with the parents, if they can't or won't pay up then criminal charges are the only way.

But what its seems is that the police can't be arsed to follow up, the school probably shrug it off (if this had happened when I was at school there would be hell to play - i almost got suspended for getting pushed along in a Morrisons trolly in my school uniform!) and parents are likely as bad themselves and will offer no support or correction.... so the cycle continues with generations of scum.
Same here mate if I would have done this and my catholic school would have been notified I would have been crucified (no pun intended..
      04-29-2017, 02:59 PM   #20
Ozzie_89
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Hopefully with a bit suction it should pop back out not sure what it does to paint work tho.
Insurance don't want to touch it with a barge poll, police can't be arsed, I've provided them with footage but not holding my breathe I work in CCTV security and provide BTP/Met police with footage every week and I know for a fact this sort of thing is there least priority.

I literally missed them by 20mins going by the footage time I don't want to even comprehend what I would have done if I caught them
      04-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #21
RhysT1
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 430d Gran Coupé

Paintless dent removal on a roof

Appreciate 1
BIFCAIDS857.00
      04-29-2017, 03:06 PM   #22
Englishbloke
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335d TB

Really feel for you mate I had something similar happen but much less serious damage.

What dashcam and how have you got the parking mode setup?
Appreciate 0