THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM New Car :)

04-28-2017, 05:11 AM   #1
ShadowmanVII
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d M Sport Plus

Cool New Car :)

Hi guys, I've posted this on the US section too however it is very very quiet so I thought I'd post here too (if that's within the rules).

I took away my 2 series convertible a few weeks ago and I wanted to ask for general advice on some issues (I'll upload pictures soon).

My car is the 220d M Sport plus (Auto) Convertible in black with a few extras however with the roof and windows up I have quite a bad rattling sound from the driver's side only. My local BMW took the car in for investigation and deemed that the seals need to be lubricated so they've ordered the lube in and I'm taking it back in on the 9th of this month.

Has anyone else had this problem? Other than that the car is perfect, it was owned by a BMW employee before I took it away so the body is nearly perfect (minus one mark on the front which I'm annoyed about because it was covered in polish so I washed it and the mark became visible ).

Also I'm after doing a few minor upgrades to it however with it being the diesel model are there any restrictions on what I can fit it with?

What I'm thinking about is;
- New air filter
- New back box
- New gloss black grill
- Detailing
- Coding (windows up, roof down and roof up via fob)

What I'd love is for it to sound a bit sportier. I traded a 116i M Sport Plus and I miss the sounds that my 116i made (especially when changing gear) and I'd love to try and replicate that ideally.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas guys & girls. Bye for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #2
weyland
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

It's very quiet over here ton I'm afraid. I recently joined - don't know where everyone is! One of the quietest forums I've ever been on.

Other than trying to replicate the sound in-car via ASD (is that fitted on diesels?!), I can't see how you will easily achieve it with engine mods. Not sure I've ever heard a diesel with air filters and exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Yes it is quiet on here, should be a 1 and 2 series UK forum perhaps?

Regarding your upgrades, they will do nothing for power or sound. I fitted a dual (335i style) exhaust backbox replacement, that was just straight pipe with no silencer (on my 330d). Didn't make the car any louder. I think the DPF on the diesels are like a super silencer.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #4
ShadowmanVII
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d M Sport Plus

Hey Guys & Girls I've gotten my car back from the dealer and it turns out the seals on the driver side window were to blame, it was fixed with some special lubrication that was ordered in and now no more rattling.

This morning on the way to work some biker thought 'Filtering' would be a good idea...and scratched all the way down my passenger side wing mirror (including the indicator lens) so when I get off duty I'll be going to a few body shops for quotes including BMW obviously. I rang BMW and the guy on the phone said that the paint sounds repairable however a marked lens will have to be replaced so that's £30 straight away.

The biker was decent and gave me his details and said he'd pay to get it put back to its original condition (zero scratches) so I'll get the quotes and tell him what the score is. Plus it helps to have a Dashcam on the car, not sure he would of been as helpful if he hadn't noticed it.

So no pictures for now people after the repairs/replacement has been dealt with then a thorough clean will be in order and I'll fit my new number plate holder too then picture time just gotta hope for decent weather.
Appreciate 0