F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 4** - individual trims questions
proTUNING Freaks

04-03-2017, 07:33 AM   #1
werewolf81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

4** - individual trims questions

Hello everyone!

So after lurking on the forum for a while, I've decided to join the community

At the moment, I own 125i, however, I'm thinking more and more about getting a 440i as the second car because there seems to be really good deals now for that version.

I've already read tons of information and reviews but still have some questions which hopefully can be answered here.
  1. Individual piano black trim - I read somewhere that it's very easy to get scratched. Can someone confirm or deny?

2. It seems that Opal White Merino leather is much more popular than Cashmere Beige. Is there anyone who has the latter? How does it suit the car? Isn't a little bit too 'yellow'?

3. Leather dashboard - does it add some luxury to the car? My problem with the 4 series is that it's a pretty expensive car, but the interior isn't really that much different from what I have in 1 series. The leather dashboard seems to be a little fix for this?

4. The last question isn't really about the trims Can the HUD be switched off or it has to be always on?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
Rukka
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Welcome to the forum lurker. Great choice of car you're looking at; but I would say that.

1. Not got it myself but I believe it does mark easily.

3. It does lift the interior. This is one thing I wish I had specced.

4. Yes - it can be turned off.

Above all, welcome to the forum and just shout if you need any money spending

Past: C43, X4 M40i, TTS, M4 CP, 440i, 435d, M235i, 220d, F30, E90, E87
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #3
GEP77
Major
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3 Long Range.

1. Not sure

2. Opal white does mark easily. I test drove 2 cars with it recently, one was effectively brand new and it looked fantastic, the other had 10,000 miles on it and it didn't look great.

I've got cashmere beige on order, however won't see my car for another 4 months. I will of course post pics once it arrives.

3. Very expensive option imo. Even more so if you've already gone down the individual route. While the standard dash is similar to the 1 series I find the slight difference in shape more appealing. If you are extending to a 440i then the cost represents half an MPPSK, and I know which I'd rather have

4. Yes you can. It's another expensive bit of kit so try before you buy - you'll either love it or think it's pointless.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
Ss66
Captain
Rep
Drives: F32 440i

Have opal white merino leather in my car,don't have any young children mine are grown up,so most of the time I'm the only one in the car.As long as your willing to look after it ie protect it and clean it with suitable products it's not a problem to care for.Having had red Dakota in my last 2 f30s I'm glad I went the individual route this time.Dakota is pretty awful in a 40k motor.
2008 Toyota Yaris sr
2005 e46 320d. 1996 316i.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 09:43 AM   #5
Postcab
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Jag XE

I've had Cashmere Beige for over 3 years now, and whilst there has been a little dye transfer its always cleaned up well. Must admit my kids are older though, and we don't give the interior a pummeling.

IMHO Individual leather is much better than Dakota, and probably my favourite option.

Picture below. I think the colour is pretty representative bearing in mind the limitations of digital photography.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M40CCA1437.00
      04-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #6
Rob D 88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 330ci

[QUOTE=werewolf81;21510204]Hello everyone!

So after lurking on the forum for a while, I've decided to join the community

At the moment, I own 125i, however, I'm thinking more and more about getting a 440i as the second car because there seems to be really good deals now for that version.

I've already read tons of information and reviews but still have some questions which hopefully can be answered here.
[LIST=1][*] Individual piano black trim - This makes the interior look even better in my opinion, it will shows swirl marks if not wiped properly but you can also give it a light polish!

[*] It seems that Opal White Merino leather is much more popular than Cashmere Beige. I went for the Opal as I think the beige just looks off white, why would you not want it to be white? Looks a lot more special in white. My opinion of course!

[*] Leather dashboard - It does make the interior look completely different, 4 series should come with this standard! Must have!

[*] The last question isn't really about the trims Can the HUD be switched off or it has to be always on? It's a must have, get it 100%

Thanks
Robert
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #7
werewolf81
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 125i

Thanks everyone for so quick answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukka View Post

Above all, welcome to the forum and just shout if you need any money spending
Thanks, I have no doubts that people here would be very helpful with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEP77
3. Very expensive option imo. Even more so if you've already gone down the individual route. While the standard dash is similar to the 1 series I find the slight difference in shape more appealing. If you are extending to a 440i then the cost represents half an MPPSK, and I know which I'd rather have
I agree that generally, the interior in 4 series looks slightly better but still, I'd expect more for that price. Unfortunately, it is an expensive option :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postcab
Picture below. I think the colour is pretty representative bearing in mind the limitations of digital photography.
Looks fantastic! My Mrs likes Cashmere Beige more because she says the colour is warmer. Since I'm not allowed to make a decision about spending this amount of money myself I seriously need to take her input into consideration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88
The last question isn't really about the trims Can the HUD be switched off or it has to be always on? It's a must have, get it 100%
I guess, I'll just have to try to drive a car with it and see if I like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ss66
Having had red Dakota in my last 2 f30s I'm glad I went the individual route this time.Dakota is pretty awful in a 40k motor.
Same feelings here, unfortunately, when you start to spec 440 it's so easy to go crazy and then you start thinking what you can potentially skip...
Appreciate 0