F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Last Friday had a worn tire and now waiting on a recall to be fixed
proTUNING Freaks

03-27-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
jcordier
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 black F30 N55

Last Friday had a worn tire and now waiting on a recall to be fixed

I've been looking around at posts and can't find an answer about how long it takes a fuel pump to be replaced.
Anyways, Last Friday I woke up to notice that my front right tire was low. I took it to the dealership and found out that I need 3 tires replaced. (Thank god for tire and wheel warranty). The only tire that is good is the front drivers side. It seems like these RFT wear out fast, however I drive like a bat out of hell. I called later in the evening to see if my car was almost complete. My service advisor told me that it wouldn't be ready until after the weekend because of a recall on the fuel pump. Has anybody else had this recall taken care of, and how long did it take? 2013 f30 n55
      03-27-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcordier View Post
I've been looking around at posts and can't find an answer about how long it takes a fuel pump to be replaced.
Anyways, Last Friday I woke up to notice that my front right tire was low. I took it to the dealership and found out that I need 3 tires replaced. (Thank god for tire and wheel warranty). The only tire that is good is the front drivers side. It seems like these RFT wear out fast, however I drive like a bat out of hell. I called later in the evening to see if my car was almost complete. My service advisor told me that it wouldn't be ready until after the weekend because of a recall on the fuel pump. Has anybody else had this recall taken care of, and how long did it take? 2013 f30 n55
My recall took under an hour...I expected it to be an all day job but to my surprise I was barely back home before they gave me a call. As for tires, check your alignment as there should not be one tire that has better tread than the rest. Also I would get a second opinion before you buy new tires from the dealer. I went in for my recall, and they told me I needed new tires (well I work at a tire shop so I asked how close they were). I was at 6/32nds on all four tires and he tried to tell me I needed a new set! If you don't know, that is only half way worn down with more than 20k left on them...pissed me off that they try to scam people out of money that don't know any better. All I can say is that the tire guys don't work directly for the dealership, so it's not a reflection on my dealer.

Also, tires normally come with mileage warranties, so if your tires don't last as long as they should, you can bring them back and get refunded for the mileage you should have left.

Past: 13' Audi S6 | 13' E70 X5M | 13' E92 M3 Comp | 14' BMW 335xi GT | 95' E36 M3 | 84' BMW 733i | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 06' Acura TL |
85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 05’ Yamaha R6 | 12’ Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2017, 04:52 PM   #3
GTBrandon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcordier View Post
My recall took under an hour...I expected it to be an all day job but to my surprise I was barely back home before they gave me a call. As for tires, check your alignment as there should not be one tire that has better tread than the rest. Also I would get a second opinion before you buy new tires from the dealer. I went in for my recall, and they told me I needed new tires (well I work at a tire shop so I asked how close they were). I was at 6/32nds on all four tires and he tried to tell me I needed a new set! If you don't know, that is only half way worn down with more than 20k left on them...pissed me off that they try to scam people out of money that don't know any better. All I can say is that the tire guys don't work directly for the dealership, so it's not a reflection on my dealer.

Also, tires normally come with mileage warranties, so if your tires don't last as long as they should, you can bring them back and get refunded for the mileage you should have left.

Past: 13' Audi S6 | 13' E70 X5M | 13' E92 M3 Comp | 14' BMW 335xi GT | 95' E36 M3 | 84' BMW 733i | 06' Porsche Boxster S | 15' Jeep Grand Cherokee | 06' Acura TL |
85' Honda Shadow VT700 | 05’ Yamaha R6 | 12’ Triumph Tiger
Appreciate 1
jcordier162.50