F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Service Record on Idrıve
GetBMWParts

03-23-2017, 09:55 AM   #1
m_trk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i ED

Service Record on Idrıve

Hi Guys,
I have 2014, F30, 3.20i ed 170hp,
After varranty of my car is expired i am having periodic service thru independent workshop.
Recently i have changed oil, oil filter, air filter and A/c filter.

Same service performed by BMW Dealer last year.

By checking the Youtube videos I have managed to reset Oil change alert on car, So both on Cluster and Idrive i have no alert about oil change but when i check Service record menu in idrive i can see only the service performed by BMW Dealer last year.

Is there any way to write this last oil change record to the Idrive via some software. Recently i am able to connect my pc to the car vie Esys. Do i need any other cable or another software. I am checking the diagnostic softwares but could not find true and compact info about those diagnostic tools.

I read some forums that writing service record to idrive is available but somehow they dont explain how to do
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

If you change the oil yourself and update the oil indicator at the same time that is stored in the vehicle and will later alert you when you need to change the oil. It is also available on the FOB if scanned by a dealer. However, if you have had it changed and waited to reset the indicator then you will have to take the vehicle to a dealer who has the appropriate software to have them reset via a custom date. That is if they will do it at all. they will likely want to charge you $100 for the service if they provided it at all.
      03-25-2017, 02:29 AM   #3
m_trk
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320i ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
If you change the oil yourself and update the oil indicator at the same time that is stored in the vehicle and will later alert you when you need to change the oil. It is also available on the FOB if scanned by a dealer. However, if you have had it changed and waited to reset the indicator then you will have to take the vehicle to a dealer who has the appropriate software to have them reset via a custom date. That is if they will do it at all. they will likely want to charge you $100 for the service if they provided it at all.

Actıally i am looking for the software to do bymyself!
Appreciate 0