F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Short circuit on DRL & Parking lamp? Need help
GetBMWParts

03-22-2017, 09:44 AM   #1
EddieF30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 COMPETITION

Short circuit on DRL & Parking lamp? Need help

Hey guys! I'm running into a really annoying issue that I'm trying to figure out how to get fixed..

So long story short, I had halogen lamps and with those I decided to get after market angel eye rings to connect to my halogen headlight assembly. After a while it was looking good running great. But then I came across issues with my right side DRL. It wouldn't turn on the halo anymore. So the shop tried to connect it to the parking lamp, and sure enough same thing happened overtime. He had a capacitor connected as well and it actually popped on him when connecting it.

Yesterday I just got new headlight assemblies from USR thinking new headlights will just do the trick and just work but my right side parking lamp and daytime running lamp is still out leaving the right side angel eyes off : It's really frustrating and I'm wondering if it's a short on both the DRL and parking lamp? And if it is how can I have this fixed?

I also have checked the fuses and they are fine.

Thanks for your time!
      03-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieF30 View Post
. He had a capacitor connected as well and it actually popped on him when connecting it.
That will happen when the polarity of the cap is reversed with respect to the wiring. I can't say if that's at the heart of the problems, but it's a start.
Appreciate 0