F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > My Build Thread/New to BMW!!
Extreme Powerhouse

03-14-2017, 10:23 PM   #1
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M Sport

My Build Thread/New to BMW!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the BMW world. This will be my first BMW I've ever owned. I recently traded my 2015 Infiniti Q50S for a 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M Sport about a month ago and I have to say I'm loving it so far! I guess I will make this thread as my build thread as well. I will upload some pictures on what mods I have done so far and future mods. These pictures were taken with my iPhone 7.

My previous car (Kinda miss it ) but, love the 340 even more!

Then my 340i Mineral Grey without tint

Got it tinted right away (15% tint all around, windshield strip is 5%)

My first mod. BMS Billet Intake and JB4!

Then installed my dash cam (BlackVue DR650GW-2CH) and Valentine 1 Radar Detector with BlendMount.

Since the brakes that are on this car is so spongy feeling and no good stopping power, I decided to swap the pads out to the M Sport pads. M sport pads to me don't really make that much of a difference. So I am having BMW installing the M Performance Big Brake Kit along with Hawk Performance 5.0 Pads (heard about the pads that come with the M Perf BBK still sucks. I will report back once I get them installed and properly bedding in the brakes. Here's a picture of the M sport pads.

The time being, I swapped out my scratched up interior trims to the BMW dry carbon fiber/alcantara trims. Note: EAS sent me the wrong gear selector lever so they are sending me the correct one. Also, I did not paid the price listed on their site. I talked to the sales rep and it is a lot cheaper than listed price on site. If you have dealer connections, you can get it for a lot more cheaper.

Before (Stock shifter)

After

Here are the tail lights from EAS (OEM) a lot cheaper than what BMW quoted me for +installation. I did it myself and it was really easy. Installed it like 3 months ago. Just forgot to upload it. I wish I could have taken more pics of the install, but I was too excited to install it lol.

My hobby: I love detailing cars. Full paint correction and sealing the paint with ceramic coating. I have not done it to my car yet, but will be doing the whole paint correction and sealing it with ceramic coating soon.

UPDATE: 3-21-17

Just got my Hawk Performance 5.0 Pads in and next Monday BMW will be installing M Performance Big Brake Kit in red on my car! Finally getting rid of the ugly unfinished/grey brembos with no good stopping power.

For those with M Performance Big Brake Kit and want to use these pads here are the Part#'s. I believe you can run these with M sport (Blue Calipers) brakes.

I bought it from Zeckhousen, they have selections for Standard brakes, M sport, and M Performance wheels.

Front: HB765B.664
Rear: HB766B.624

Alright guys, BMW finally got my M Performance BBK installed with HP 5.O pads. They look great and stops a lot better!! Except I have 18s...will have 19s later on. I will try to get more pics. My dealership here is moving to a new and bigger building!

I will get more pictures of the brakes once the car is on jack stands for me to coat the entire car with ceramic coating and will also coat the red calipers!

MAJOR UPDATE: 7/19/2017

Sorry guys, I haven't been posting and updating. I've been busy and here's what happened! So new tail lights are installed got them from EAS, painted my wheels with Autoflex coating along with their top coat (clear coat) and it turned out great, makes the BBK pop out! Also got downpipe installed at a friends shop (big thanks to him) and it did not take long at all! Here's some pictures!

Car on lift

So much easier with a lift and air tools! lol

Stock DP vs. Aftermarket DP

ER DP, love how it sounds and top notch quality!

O2 Sensors in!

Spacers in!

How close the ER DP to touch the frame (whatever they're called) NOTE: Someone with xDrive in Cali needs to go to ER and have them measure for xDrives!

My next project was to Autoflex my stock 18s black. Looks so much better now! I drove my car up on ramps first then used the car jack to jack up the front end center area where it bulges out under the car. Then put jack stands with towels to "protect" the rubber/plastic jack points on our cars; just to be safe. After that I put a microfiber towel on jack to jack up the rear diff. and same process as the jack points. It works for me, nothing was damaged. While I was waiting for the clear coat to dry, I went ahead and cleaned the M Perf. BBK and coat them with ceramic coating.

Top is base and bottom is with clear

Clear coat on (Yes, I did tape it off really good; even the valve stems/caps

End results (I'll get more pictures soon)

I will continue adding pictures to this thread as I add more mods or other things I want to share with you all! My future mods will be in my signature. Thank you all for welcoming me!

Last edited by 340ix_MSport; 07-20-2017 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: UPDATED POST 3-27-17
Appreciate 5
      03-14-2017, 10:56 PM   #2
Brenzo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i xDrive

Congrats and welcome to the fam!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:07 PM   #3
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenzo View Post
Congrats and welcome to the fam!
Thank you! I will post some pics soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Excellent start, fine ride with some tasty mods. Congrats and welcome!
      03-14-2017, 11:58 PM   #5
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Excellent start, fine ride with some tasty mods. Congrats and welcome!
Thank you! My mod lists will keep adding up and will cost more $$$ LOL

Current Mods:
BMS Billet Intake | JB4 | ƎR Dp | M Performance BBK RED ✓| M Performance CF/Alcantara Interior Trim kit |
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 02:25 AM   #6
greenb
Rep
Drives: F32 435i

Coming along great!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 04:56 AM   #7
.BMW.
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW F11/F31

Congrats on a beautiful F30!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 07:30 AM   #8
Golo2016
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i Xdrive

Sweet man, congrats, i'm on the fence for the intake and JB+. Don't know how long thou.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #9
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Looks great! Next on the list is MPPSK and LSD. Wonder if the JB4 can be installed as a piggy back? Or maybe just get an MPE. Also get CF dual slat kidney grills, I saw one in a catalog I got in the mail for around $250. And also get the M Performance side skirts. Give the outside some more pop and some M performance rims. The list keeps getting longer lol. 😁
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #10
GarlicBread
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M4 ZCP

Good choice on the m performance interior trim. Get the shifter too to complete the look.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #11
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

What DA buffer do you use for paint correction?
What products?

Great looking car! Love the color of wheels on the Infiniti
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #12
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Welcome. You've been busy. Great stuff. You certainly belong here.

Do you have adaptive suspension? If so, think about Dinan Shockware.

Enjoy.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenb View Post
Coming along great!
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by .BMW. View Post
Congrats on a beautiful F30!
Thank you and loving this car so far!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:53 AM   #15
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golo2016 View Post
Sweet man, congrats, i'm on the fence for the intake and JB+. Don't know how long thou.
I'm running both of the mods for a month now. No problems so far!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 11:59 AM   #16
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Looks great! Next on the list is MPPSK and LSD. Wonder if the JB4 can be installed as a piggy back? Or maybe just get an MPE. Also get CF dual slat kidney grills, I saw one in a catalog I got in the mail for around $250. And also get the M Performance side skirts. Give the outside some more pop and some M performance rims. The list keeps getting longer lol. 😁
That I'm not for sure, but Terry from BMS should know. I thought about getting CF kidney grilles, maybe soon or later on lol. I also want to do some exterior mods to make it stand out and sportier looking haha.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:00 PM   #17
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicBread View Post
Good choice on the m performance interior trim. Get the shifter too to complete the look.
Thanks! I have it ordered, but sent sent me the non sport version so they're sending the right ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #18
Animal Farm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F30/Volvo XC90II T6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340ix_MSport View Post
Hey everyone,

I'm new to the BMW world. This will be my first BMW I've ever owned. I recently traded my 2015 Infiniti Q50S for a 2016 BMW 340i xDrive M Sport about a month ago and I have to say I'm loving it so far! I guess I will make this thread as my build thread as well. I will upload some pictures on what mods I have done so far and future mods.

My previous car (Kinda miss it ) but, love the 340 even more!

Then my 340i Mineral Grey without tint

Got it tinted right away (15% tint all around, windshield strip is 5%)

My first mod. BMS Billet Intake and JB4!

Then installed my dash cam (BlackVue DR650GW-2CH) and Valentine 1 Radar Detector with BlendMount.

Since the brakes that are on this car is so spongy feeling and no good stopping power, I decided to swap the pads out to the M Sport pads. M sport pads to me don't really make that much of a difference. So I am having BMW installing the M Performance Big Brake Kit along with Hawk Performance 5.0 Pads (heard about the pads that come with the M Perf BBK still sucks. I will report back once I get them installed and properly bedding in the brakes. Here's a picture of the M sport pads.

The time being, I swapped out my scratched up interior trims to the BMW dry carbon fiber/alcantara trims. Note: EAS sent me the wrong gear selector lever so they are sending me the correct one. Also, I did not paid the price listed on their site. I talked to the sales rep and it is a lot cheaper than listed price on site. If you have dealer connections, you can get it for a lot more cheaper.

My hobby: I love detailing cars. Full paint correction and sealing the paint with ceramic coating. I have not done it to my car yet, but will be doing the whole paint correction and sealing it with ceramic coating soon.

Will need to get new tail lights, as the previous owner had a tint film over the tails and he or the dealership removed it and left some nasty glue residue and cracked all four tail lenses . Minor stuff will also need to be fixed.

I will continue adding pictures to this thread as I add more mods or other things I want to share with you all! My future mods will be in my signature. Thank you all for welcoming me!
Welcome! Looking good!

Just curious - why did you make such a trade? I've alway admired the Q50's
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:10 PM   #19
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
What DA buffer do you use for paint correction?
What products?

Great looking car! Love the color of wheels on the Infiniti
I use Rupes LHR15 with Chemical Guys paint correction compounds. I also use the foam cannon they have. I use Chemical Guys and Adams Polishes products lol

I love the color of the wheels as well! Especially when the sun shines on it!

Last edited by 340ix_MSport; 03-15-2017 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:11 PM   #20
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Welcome. You've been busy. Great stuff. You certainly belong here.

Do you have adaptive suspension? If so, think about Dinan Shockware.

Enjoy.
I don't think I do lol. I believe I have cold Package and drivers assistance package and something I'm not sure lmao
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:15 PM   #21
340ix_MSport
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal Farm View Post
Welcome! Looking good!

Just curious - why did you make such a trade? I've alway admired the Q50's
Thank you! Well I was tired of the RWD in snow and lack of performance. Plus the Infiniti dealership is too far of a drive if I need to get a recall done. I love the car too, especially the wheels with that blue metallic color when the sun shines on it! I've also wanted a turbo car lol
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 12:40 PM   #22
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340ix_MSport View Post
I don't think I do lol. I believe I have cold Package and drivers assistance package and something I'm not sure lmao
Check your vin online and look at the build. If you have adaptive, it should say DHP (Dynamic Handling Package) or Adaptive Suspension.

With x drive it as been a pretty popular option so just maybe you have it.

Regardless, your car is awesome. Welcome.
Appreciate 0