F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (340i / 440i)
Extreme Powerhouse

02-23-2017, 01:57 PM   #1
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Elite (340i / 440i)

Name:  DME8_DPT_Banner2.jpg
Views: 6570
Size:  203.2 KB

DINANTRONICS Elite For the BMW F3x 340i, and F3x 440i

While the SPORT Tuner for the B58 engine has been out for a little over a month now and has garnered some great results along with some impressive feedback from the community at large we were also hard at work developing a variant of a more advanced tuning solution for the platform as well. That solution, the new DME8 DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner, offers the end user a more sophisticated control unit with more capabilities and inputs than its more basic SPORT brethren. This allows for more power, and control, to be achieved with the new device. As a result this allows the product to carry the world renowned factory matching warranty Dinan is synonymous with.

The new generation of DINANTRONICS Performance Tuners is upon us and the future is blisteringly fast.

The MPPSK variant of the Elite tune is in testing. If you are local to Northern California / SF Bay Area we are still looking for additional test vehicles. PM if interested.

Part Number: D440-0050-ST1
Applications: 2016-17 F30 340i Sedan, 2017 F34 340i GT, 2017 F32 440i Coupe, 2017 F33 440i Convertible, 2017 F36 440i Gran Coupe
Product Page / Pricing: https://www.dinancars.com/product/d4...ries&mid=1237/
Max Power Gains: +47 HP / +60 TRQ
Install Time: 1 hour
Release Date: Available Now!

Name:  DPT8_1.jpg
Views: 6427
Size:  147.0 KB

Description: Stage 1 (DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner ONLY) Maximum Power on the F30/F34 340i and F32/F33/F36 440i: 412 HP, 438 lb-ft of torque.

The Dinan Difference

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is a highly engineered piece of computer hardware and software that enhances engine performance to levels the stock programming is not allowed to venture into. It does this without negatively affecting your new car warranty coverage and without affecting long term reliability or the functionality of on-board diagnostic systems. It is also the only tuning device designed to be emissions legal in all 50 states. These items are unique to Dinan and together they embody the apex of performance engineering in a powerful, reliable, and warrantied package.

The Dinan Difference is possible by employing a full staff of talented engineers that are well rounded in many facets of automotive engineering and backed by a wealth of hands on knowledge. Stemming from diverse backgrounds not only on racing teams but on standard factory production line vehicles we have seen it all. Manipulating these signals with an adept hand all the while keeping an engine running at its best and with the most reliable power is what Dinan is all about.

Well Engineered

Plug-in tuning devices all have one thing in common, they send a modified signal to the factory ECU, telling it the boost pressure is below target values. This then causes the factory ECU to raise the boost pressure to what it thinks is the correct value. This modified boost pressure signal causes errors in fuel mixture and ignition timing. These errors can cause the on-board diagnostics systems to set faults, but they can also cause exceedingly high catalyst temperatures and a loss of power. In addition, when power is increased, exhaust gas temperature will increase as well and this must be countered with a slightly richer air/fuel mixture. The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner has the capability to correct short term trim as well as ignition timing errors induced by raising boost pressure. This enables Dinan calibration engineers to optimize air/fuel mixture and ignition timing at elevated boost pressure throughout the entire gamut of engine RPM and engine load. Additionally, the ability to correct short term trim corrections (the difference between target and scheduled fuel mixture) remain within OEM specifications. This minimizes knock sensor activity, which in turn means smooth engine performance, catalyst protection and power increase, while this is also required to make the car emissions legal.

State-of-the-Art Hardware

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner is engineered using the best possible components and advanced hardware. The wiring harness uses OE connectors and expandable braided wiring sleeves ensuring that all visible components appear as if they come straight from the factory. More importantly however it guarantees long lasting and dependable performance due to the use of high heat, moisture and abrasion resistant materials and design. The other hardware element involved is the Dinan electronic control unit (ECU) itself. While its outward appearance may seem tame, the processing power and sophistication held within its internal circuitry is anything but. Capable of delivering signals to various systems at an astonishing 4000 times per second the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner yields the power to control all current signals delivered to the ECU as well as those developed in the future without a hiccup in performance or reliability. This immense processing power equates to a high degree of engine control resulting in a much lower likelihood of setting a fault. In addition smoother running conditions and superior drivability are achieved, all of which are Dinan hallmarks.

Unmatched Warranty

Dinan's comprehensive warranty program, introduced in 1997, provides superior warranty coverage to that which you would find elsewhere. If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty, Dinan® products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car limited warranty. The manufacturer's new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan's warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold. BMW automobiles can now be performance-tuned without the associated concern of negatively affecting the new car warranty coverage.

Designed to be 50 State Emissions Legal

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was designed and built to be the only tuning box on the market that is emissions legal in all 50 states. CARB EO has been submitted and approval is pending.

Drivability

There is more to a tune than just cranking up the boost. Power needs to come on smoothly and in a predictable way to make the car as fun to drive at wide open throttle as cruising around town. It is your BMW, but reborn with new found acceleration and speed.

Installation

Installation takes under an hour and is available through our network of 300+ Dinan Dealers. Log on to www.dinancars.com to find your nearest dealer.

Easy To Use

Dinan's ECU is Bluetooth® Smart meaning that you can change maps simply via a Bluetooth connection on your iPhone or Android device. Just install and you are done!

Designed for the Future

The DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner was engineered with future expansion of functionality in mind. Boasting the most powerful processing power on the market the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner can handle more functions and processes than any of its contemporaries. To that end the Dinan performance tuner is capable of interfacing with much more should the need arise down the road. This means that when new functions are developed there will be no need for a new tuning module. Simply a short software update at your local Dinan dealer. Potentially a supplemental harness may be needed to take full advantage of more advanced stages and bolt-ons in future development. Also keep in mind that if you are upgrading in stages, the only cost incurred to you is the price difference between the two stages (and any supporting hardware mods).

Satisfaction Guaranteed

Dinan guarantees you will be impressed by the DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner and the performance it provides that we offer a 3-Day return policy. If you aren't satisfied with what the Dinan solution brings to the table within 3 days of install you can go back to your dealer for a full refund (installation labor costs still apply).

For a full breakdown of the various tuning options within the tiered DINANTRONICS Performance Tuner lineup please visit our comparison page, HERE, to understand which step in the 'evolution of power' is right for you.

Name:  F30_340i_MOST_ST1.jpg
Views: 6944
Size:  254.8 KB
Appreciate 4
ErkanTR16596.50
Thus36.50
Beek705.50
      02-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #2
jalkster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Would a downpipe void the Dinan warranty? If not, does the tune eliminate CEL?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Let me know as soon as the one for MPPSK is released!
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 1
Beek705.50
      02-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

What rpm is the max torque of 438 ft/lb reached? The graph shows a peak of 426.

The difference between this and the sport tuner is a little more power and the warranty right? Is there anything else like software updates, custom maps, etc?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalkster View Post
Would a downpipe void the Dinan warranty? If not, does the tune eliminate CEL?
Our tunes do not eliminate the CEL. Would not be emissions legal and therefor subject to massive fines. We operate in CARB's back yard so we prefer to play by the "rules".

A downpipe would not outright void a Dinan warranty but it will create a gray area. If a problem can be tied back to the DP for some reason the claim will be denied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz28/40 View Post
Let me know as soon as the one for MPPSK is released!
Hopefully we get some additional test cars in the queue here shortly so we can finalize that end of things. Here's hoping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
What rpm is the max torque of 438 ft/lb reached? The graph shows a peak of 426.

The difference between this and the sport tuner is a little more power and the warranty right? Is there anything else like software updates, custom maps, etc?
438 TRQ is @ 4250 RPM

ELITE utilizes a much more powerful processor and adjusts more parameters so drivability as a result is smoother. ELITE also is upgradeable meaning that as hard parts are released it will be able to be upgraded to further stages of tuning to extract more power out of those hard parts instead of just being capped at the +4 PSI boost like the SPORT unit.

Of course warranty is still the biggest difference though.
Appreciate 2
Beek705.50
      02-23-2017, 05:05 PM   #6
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

Will this raise the fuel cap?
      02-23-2017, 05:11 PM   #7
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A few...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Will this raise the fuel cap?
No
Appreciate 1
Beek705.50
      02-23-2017, 05:19 PM   #8
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASELINE View Post
No
Dang! I wonder how close MPPSK is to the cap?
edit: within 15/20 HP is my guess.
edit of my edit: HELL I DON"T HAVE A CLUE!

Last edited by Beek; 02-23-2017 at 05:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
BASELINE136.00
      02-23-2017, 09:47 PM   #9
Gitte
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i M Sport

380hp as tested. I know BMW underrates their engines but wow. Those with dyno experience, have you rated hp and trq on your b58 independently before any kind of tune?

Not doubting, more impressed than anything.

Dinan, do you just dyno one car or do you take an average of results on a number of test vehicles?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 10:13 PM   #10
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Gotta love the only California legal full tune!
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #11
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' AW 340i xDrive

Garage List
Dinan_Engineering

Ignoring warranty, carb cert, expandability and strictly looking at performance/reliabilty, what makes this any better than the Sport Tuner as their max hp gains are 5hp apart?
Does this do a better job of getting those 40/45 hp and is this considered more reliable/safer by vertue of how it functions?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #12
KD07
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 340i

Is the 412 hp and 438 tq at the crank? So really about 350 whp and 372 wtq? Considering a 15% adjustment to the wheels? Just trying to justify the +47 hp and +60 tq gain. Or with the 15% adjustment, about +40 whp and +51 wtq. I've seen multiple dynos of a fully stock 340i put down around 320 whp and 330 wtq like you stated in your graph, so just wondering where these numbers are coming from and how they were determined. Just rough numbers btw, no serious calculations involved with my math...I understand that 15% adjustment differs case to case. Maybe the 381/386 is your crank power measure stock?
      02-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #13
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
Dinan, do you just dyno one car or do you take an average of results on a number of test vehicles?
Average a few test vehicles. Usually the bulk of development is done on a single or pair of vehicles and then as its near finalization we institute it on a handful of other vehicles as a more indicative wide scale test to make sure there are no major anomalies that were not represented in those initial car(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Technically not CA emissions legal yet. Submitted to CARB but no official EO yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toybm View Post
Dinan_Engineering

Ignoring warranty, carb cert, expandability and strictly looking at performance/reliabilty, what makes this any better than the Sport Tuner as their max hp gains are 5hp apart?
Does this do a better job of getting those 40/45 hp and is this considered more reliable/safer by vertue of how it functions?

Thanks
If we are ignoring the vast majority of what makes ELITE different then SPORT then yes ELITE is basically SPORT. =)

While peak numbers and max gains are very similar between the 2 units the extra control the ELITE tuner possesses by virtue of processing power as well as integration in to more variables allows that power to be more consistent and measured as well as assist in drivability. Its more refined whereas SPORT is a blunt instrument for lack of a better analogy.

If you compare charts between the 2 products the SPORT unit after 4500 RPM loses a decent chunk of its luster whereas the ELITE unit holds the power much further without any significant loss. While most may only care about the low end grunt as they are doing drag races or the like and don't utilize that upper RPM if you are doing any track days or autocross or what have you the upper RPM power and consistency can be much more valuable and important then that low end grunt.

As far as reliability goes... it comes down to more about control then reliability. Both units are reliable but the SPORT unit controls ONE variable so doesn't really have much free play in it in terms of troubleshooting or customizing. With ELITE we have more control and can play around and adjust more parameters. We have a bigger sandbox to play in so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD07 View Post
Is the 412 hp and 438 tq at the crank? So really about 350 whp and 372 wtq? Considering a 15% adjustment to the wheels? Just trying to justify the +47 hp and +60 tq gain. Or with the 15% adjustment, about +40 whp and +51 wtq. I've seen multiple dynos of a fully stock 340i put down around 320 whp and 330 wtq like you stated in your graph, so just wondering where these numbers are coming from and how they were determined. Just rough numbers btw, no serious calculations involved with my math...I understand that 15% adjustment differs case to case. Maybe the 381/386 is your crank power measure stock?
All numbers you see published from Dinan are crank measurements, including the stock ones.

In general terms drivetrain loss on the newer cars is about 12-13%. At the wheels with the tune you are looking at roughly 370HP / 400 (stock was 340 HP / 350 TRQ). The peak numbers and max gains dont necessarily coincide at the same point though. The graph illustrates everything about as plainly as possible. Much easier to illustrate then explain as numbers can be twisted in a variety of different ways.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 09:53 AM   #14
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitte View Post
Average a few test vehicles. Usually the bulk of development is done on a single or pair of vehicles and then as its near finalization we institute it on a handful of other vehicles as a more indicative wide scale test to make sure there are no major anomalies that were not represented in those initial car(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Technically not CA emissions legal yet. Submitted to CARB but no official EO yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toybm View Post
Dinan_Engineering

Thanks
If we are ignoring the vast majority of what makes ELITE different then SPORT then yes ELITE is basically SPORT. =)

While peak numbers and max gains are very similar between the 2 units the extra control the ELITE tuner possesses by virtue of processing power as well as integration in to more variables allows that power to be more consistent and measured as well as assist in drivability. Its more refined whereas SPORT is a blunt instrument for lack of a better analogy.

If you compare charts between the 2 products the SPORT unit after 4500 RPM loses a decent chunk of its luster whereas the ELITE unit holds the power much further without any significant loss. While most may only care about the low end grunt as they are doing drag races or the like and don't utilize that upper RPM if you are doing any track days or autocross or what have you the upper RPM power and consistency can be much more valuable and important then that low end grunt.

As far as reliability goes... it comes down to more about control then reliability. Both units are reliable but the SPORT unit controls ONE variable so doesn't really have much free play in it in terms of troubleshooting or customizing. With ELITE we have more control and can play around and adjust more parameters. We have a bigger sandbox to play in so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD07 View Post
All numbers you see published from Dinan are crank measurements, including the stock ones.

In general terms drivetrain loss on the newer cars is about 12-13%. At the wheels with the tune you are looking at roughly 370HP / 400 (stock was 340 HP / 350 TRQ). The peak numbers and max gains dont necessarily coincide at the same point though. The graph illustrates everything about as plainly as possible. Much easier to illustrate then explain as numbers can be twisted in a variety of different ways.
Why can't you guys just produce an actual dyno of your products.... instead of going back and forth with "estimated guesses" for drivetrain loss to explain the crayola dyno chart?
Appreciate 1
iMinLuv164.50
      02-24-2017, 10:38 AM   #15
Dinan_Engineering
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why can't you guys just produce an actual dyno of your products.... instead of going back and forth with "estimated guesses" for drivetrain loss to explain the crayola dyno chart?
While they may technically be "estimated" they are about as realistic of a drivetrain loss as you can conceivably get. Copy and paste below from a previous post to save me some time.

We do use a Dynapack chassis dyno and a DTS engine dyno for all of our testing. Like most OE's, we publish our crank numbers, not wheel horsepower numbers, simply to keep things as accurate as possible. Dinan tests multiple cars with multiple runs and averages them so no one chassis dyno test would be representative. When we compare our engine Dyno Data to our chassis dyno data we find that most if not all chassis dynos, including ours, overstates the lower RPM torque values. Our chassis dyno does not do a coast down for inertia and friction corrections. If we are using the chassis dyno once we have performed multiple Chassis dyno runs and averaged them we apply different correction factors to each RPM to correct for these inflated torque numbers. All this is done to ensure the most accurate reporting to our customers. We list both Stock and Dinan numbers using the same corrections to ensure the comparison is fair. If we are using the Engine Dyno the data is just averaged over multiple runs to get a fair average performance. With both the engine dyno and chassis dyno we ensure the room is as close to standard weather conditions as possible and all dyno runs are performed in the same weather window to ensure comparisons are fair. In most cases Dinan Dyno numbers will be lower than those you will get at low RPM because of the inaccuracy at low RPM previously mentioned. Also in most cases Dinan's numbers will be higher at hi RPM because of the work we do to ensure proper heat exchanging that we find almost no one else does.

A few years ago, we put together a really in-depth article on our dyno process and how even slight variables can affect the outcome of any test.
http://dinancars.com/dinan-university/ - (Dynamometer Testing and The Modern BMW Engine)

It's a long article, but it gives you a really detailed looks at the process with a conclusion that has a good breakdown of what we covered. The most accurate thing we can say is that we've observed over 36 years of tuning, with most models we've tested, that the drivetrain loss is between 6.5 and 15 percent. It’s not as simple as a percentage, as it varies on car, transmission, RPM, vehicle speed and a myriad of other variables.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 11:21 AM   #16
BASELINE
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
While they may technically be "estimated" they are about as realistic of a drivetrain loss as you can conceivably get. Copy and paste below from a previous post to save me some time.

We do use a Dynapack chassis dyno and a DTS engine dyno for all of our testing. Like most OE's, we publish our crank numbers, not wheel horsepower numbers, simply to keep things as accurate as possible. Dinan tests multiple cars with multiple runs and averages them so no one chassis dyno test would be representative. When we compare our engine Dyno Data to our chassis dyno data we find that most if not all chassis dynos, including ours, overstates the lower RPM torque values. Our chassis dyno does not do a coast down for inertia and friction corrections. If we are using the chassis dyno once we have performed multiple Chassis dyno runs and averaged them we apply different correction factors to each RPM to correct for these inflated torque numbers. All this is done to ensure the most accurate reporting to our customers. We list both Stock and Dinan numbers using the same corrections to ensure the comparison is fair. If we are using the Engine Dyno the data is just averaged over multiple runs to get a fair average performance. With both the engine dyno and chassis dyno we ensure the room is as close to standard weather conditions as possible and all dyno runs are performed in the same weather window to ensure comparisons are fair. In most cases Dinan Dyno numbers will be lower than those you will get at low RPM because of the inaccuracy at low RPM previously mentioned. Also in most cases Dinan's numbers will be higher at hi RPM because of the work we do to ensure proper heat exchanging that we find almost no one else does.

A few years ago, we put together a really in-depth article on our dyno process and how even slight variables can affect the outcome of any test.
http://dinancars.com/dinan-university/ - (Dynamometer Testing and The Modern BMW Engine)

It's a long article, but it gives you a really detailed looks at the process with a conclusion that has a good breakdown of what we covered. The most accurate thing we can say is that we've observed over 36 years of tuning, with most models we've tested, that the drivetrain loss is between 6.5 and 15 percent. ItÂ’s not as simple as a percentage, as it varies on car, transmission, RPM, vehicle speed and a myriad of other variables.
I appreciate the response. 6.5-15% is a huge deviation for drivetrain loss. And as much as I do understand your testing methodologies and your quest for being as scientific as possible. Truth is Dinan is NOT OE...you're playing in a very different sandbox. So for the sake of curiosity quenching and evening the playing field it would help customers looking at data if you included a few dyno runs off a DynoJet...which has for better or worse become the standard used in most of the aftermarket world. When I used to run a small local tuning business here in CT we used a DynaPack which was a great tuning tool to simulate different load conditions but we always got flack for the inflated hub readings...so we included DJ runs from a partner shop.

I digress... my point is, your quoted figures to me and I'm sure to many out here are lost in this world of estimated calculations for %loss and dyno used etc... it's muddy information.

This is just constructive feedback... do with it what you will. All of your immediate competition; the companies that have come in and taken a giant chunk of your market are doing things that way. Just food for thought.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 01:49 PM   #17
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Dinan is not the best option for hp/tq but I willing they are going to be around the same power for those of us with MPPSK as those without running JB4 or AA piggys due to the fueling cap which no one has figured out yet. The bonus with these guys is the warranty but it's up to the individual to see if the $1400 price tag is worth it. For me I'm not sure it is but I want to see what results after they test there tune on MPPSK 340s
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 09:26 PM   #18
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dinan is not the best option for hp/tq but I willing they are going to be around the same power for those of us with MPPSK as those without running JB4 or AA piggys due to the fueling cap which no one has figured out yet. The bonus with these guys is the warranty but it's up to the individual to see if the $1400 price tag is worth it. For me I'm not sure it is but I want to see what results after they test there tune on MPPSK 340s
For me another bump in HP and TRQ similar to what I got from MPPSK, warrantied and street/emissions legal for $1400 may be hard to pass on. It will get easier to pass the lower the bump is though, can't wait to see the numbers.
      02-24-2017, 10:37 PM   #19
Gitte
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beek View Post
Quote:
For me another bump in HP and TRQ similar to what I got from MPPSK, warrantied and street/emissions legal for $1400 may be hard to pass on. It will get easier to pass the lower the bump is though, can't wait to see the numbers.
Finding myself in a very similar boat. Looking forward to seeing what kind of numbers we can get on MPPSK.

Assuming numbers are similar to 335 MPPK then +38 hp and +59 lb-ft at the crank. Based on above a more conservative drivetrain loss of 15% means +32 hp and +50 lb-ft to the wheels for a total of 387hp and 419 lb-ft on MPPSK vehicles.

Of course this is a guesstimate which is then based on an estimated dt loss so who knows, could be completely incorrect but fun guessing anyway

Also noticed price has dropped from $2059 for N55 model to $1400 for B58.
Appreciate 1
Beek705.50
      02-25-2017, 10:16 AM   #20
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Can't wait to see some user results! This is top of my wish list!
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 10:41 AM   #21
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Dynos of other tunes have B58 stock avg torque around 330 ftlb ~4000rpm
Why is the above chart showing 360? This tends to indicate the #s are inflated over other tunes by about 30 ftlb.. though still respectable..
Sorry just noticed the #s are at the crank so makes more sense..
so the output is somewhere between a JB4 and the Active-8
and I guess the sell is you get to keep the stock warranty

Last edited by insanecoder; 02-25-2017 at 10:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 01:25 PM   #22
theEZV
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i; Looking for F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
Dynos of other tunes have B58 stock avg torque around 330 ftlb ~4000rpm
Why is the above chart showing 360? This tends to indicate the #s are inflated over other tunes by about 30 ftlb.. though still respectable..
Sorry just noticed the #s are at the crank so makes more sense..
so the output is somewhere between a JB4 and the Active-8
and I guess the sell is you get to keep the stock warranty
BMW doesn't care if you have JB4, AA-8 or Dinan, in the case of a powertrain claim, they will most likely deny it if they see the unit on the car. With the Dinan, you can then open a claim with them and they will/should cover the parts and labor to get it fixed.

The price here is pretty reasonable - I wish the N55 tunes came in at this price point
Appreciate 0