THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums UNITED KINGDOM F22 Windscreen Wipers / Electrics

02-13-2017, 03:52 AM   #1
richard2511
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d sport

F22 Windscreen Wipers / Electrics

Hi Guys,

I have a weird problem with my F22. It is booked in to get looked at next week but I thought I would see if anyone else has come across this issue.

My car is an automatic and I have no problems when driving along, when the windscreen wipers are not on. However as soon as it starts raining and I put my windscreen wipers on automatic, or manually, I keep getting this weird problem with the power to the car.

For example I will be driving along with my foot on the accelerator and all of a sudden the car will slow down for a few seconds, as if someone is pressing the brakes. The rev counter goes up and no matter how hard i press on the accelerator, nothing happens. This only happens for a couple of seconds and then a few minutes later it will happen again and so on. I thought I was going mad and I have only just discovered that this only happens when the windscreen wipers are on.

As I said, it is booked in for someone to look at, but thought I would ask the question anyway.
Appreciate 0