BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Waiting sucks...

02-08-2017, 11:34 AM   #1
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2C AW

Waiting sucks...

Hey guys,
Spoke w/ BMW genius on Monday, and learnt that my M2 is in production, est. completion date is around 2/15.
I get paranoid when I have to wait an extensive time....
Since the dealership's already took and cashed my deposit, can they back out from the deal (I meant, can they sell the car to someone else)? Don't think it'll happen, but I just hate this waiting game....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #2
DCM2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2!

Do you have any sort of agreement on paper with your SA? Or any reason why you would not trust your dealership?
      02-08-2017, 11:49 AM   #3
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM2 View Post
Do you have any sort of agreement on paper with your SA? Or any reason why you would not trust your dealership?
Hi there, I have the production #, est. payment sheet and the receipt for my deposit. That's all we're supposed to receive from the dealership, correct?

I bought from this dealership many times (but dealing w/ this CA for the first time).
I don't think it would go wrong, he's just not as proactive as I want him to be, makes me a little nervous.

Last edited by bmw-st; 02-08-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 01:31 PM   #4
DCM2
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB 6MT M2!

I think you'll be okay. As long as you have proof that you have an allocation under your name, it will be harder for them to screw you
      02-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM2 View Post
I think you'll be okay. As long as you have proof that you have an allocation under your name, it will be harder for them to screw you
Thanks. My name's not on the order sheet but he said can be added (just don't have the flexibility to move to a better promotion if one's available at the time when the car arrives). Other than that, he's given me the production #, order summary and receipt for deposit. I guess I should be allright?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 02:47 PM   #6
Prollig
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

It's sad that the general anxiety around dealers screwing us would create this paranoia, but I too felt the same way.

My CA basically ordered my M2 within the same day of me learning they had an allocation. We also agreed on MSRP. It was all so fast I started to worry. I asked do I need to put down a deposit? He said don't worry about it. Can we put MSRP down in writing? He said don't worry, no bs, I got you. I thought...ok....

I checked to see my name was on the order, but I did constantly wonder if they were going to sell it to me at MSRP as we agreed on over the phone but never put in writing.

It sucks to feel this way because in the in end his word was gold. He did take care of me, gave me the deal, didn't try to sell it someone else or change his mind about MSRP. It all worked out fine. But since dealers and car sales have a bad rep, we all want to cover our ass.

I think in general these dealers are competing for your business. It's not in their best interest to go against your agreement and receive a bad review. I think we hear more about the bad stories since they're so terrible, but those are the exception. Put those next to all the deals and trust that worked out for so many people and the good stories probably out number the bad by a large amount.

If your dealer has great reviews and isn't known for screwing people over, then sit back and relax. You'll be fine, I eventually just trusted I was in good hands, but there was some anxiety at times.
Appreciate 3
bmw-st100.00
D CHOI581.00
      02-08-2017, 02:58 PM   #7
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prollig View Post
It's sad that the general anxiety around dealers screwing us would create this paranoia, but I too felt the same way.

My CA basically ordered my M2 within the same day of me learning they had an allocation. We also agreed on MSRP. It was all so fast I started to worry. I asked do I need to put down a deposit? He said don't worry about it. Can we put MSRP down in writing? He said don't worry, no bs, I got you. I thought...ok....

I checked to see my name was on the order, but I did constantly wonder if they were going to sell it to me at MSRP as we agreed on over the phone but never put in writing.

It sucks to feel this way because in the in end his word was gold. He did take care of me, gave me the deal, didn't try to sell it someone else or change his mind about MSRP. It all worked out fine. But since dealers and car sales have a bad rep, we all want to cover our ass.

I think in general these dealers are competing for your business. It's not in their best interest to go against your agreement and receive a bad review. I think we hear more about the bad stories since they're so terrible, but those are the exception. Put those next to all the deals and trust that worked out for so many people and the good stories probably out number the bad by a large amount.

If your dealer has great reviews and isn't known for screwing people over, then sit back and relax. You'll be fine, I eventually just trusted I was in good hands, but there was some anxiety at times.
Thanks! Yea, I think it should work out fine, so I will try to be patient and check in with my CA every now and then. Good thing is that they took my deposit and cashed it like the next day... I will keep you guys posted once I finally take delivery in late March / early April... car is being built right now
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #8
MRCUR
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Model 3 Performance

If you ask for a copy of the VIR (vehicle inquiry report), you should see the the priority 1 "customer sold" and your name below it on the "customer" line.
Appreciate 0