BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Chassis Wear Items on the M2?

01-29-2017, 06:49 PM   #1
swilliams
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Question Chassis Wear Items on the M2?

Coming from the world of older M cars (E36, E46), there's a large amount of rubber bushings/mounts/etc. that need replacing at various intervals. My question is, has anyone been under the car and inspected what parts will be prone to wear? Basically, is there more or less rubber compared to the old cars (i.e. - rear subframe is now solid mounted).
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2017, 09:47 PM   #2
HP Autosport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliams View Post
Coming from the world of older M cars (E36, E46), there's a large amount of rubber bushings/mounts/etc. that need replacing at various intervals. My question is, has anyone been under the car and inspected what parts will be prone to wear? Basically, is there more or less rubber compared to the old cars (i.e. - rear subframe is now solid mounted).
Many pickup points are now a bearing or a solid rubber, but as you may already know rubber deteriorates over time, but we are talking about maybe 10 years before they start to get hard or crack.

The E82 1M and E9x M3 have very similar suspension layout vs the M2/3/4 and with some of the cars coming up to 10 year old and well exceeding 100K miles, both street and track miles, we have not seen any bushing/bearing that is start to show up as a common failure point.
Appreciate 3
      02-04-2017, 02:28 PM   #3
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
I fitted these https://www.powerflex.co.uk/black-se...M2-3158/1.html support bushes to the rear diff.
Appreciate 0