BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > At what point does a car get entered into inventory?

01-03-2017, 04:03 PM   #1
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

At what point does a car get entered into inventory?

Hi all,
Hoping someone here might know the answer to this.

Basically, my car was delivered to port on the 23rd of last month yet the dealer claims they're still waiting on the vehicle carrier to to deliver the car to them. That said, when I call BMW Genius they tell me the car was delivered and entered into inventory on the 29th.

I'm trying to determine if BMW genius has the wrong info(maybe the dealer enters the car into inventory when the vehicle carrier picks it up?) or if my dealer is jerking me around.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Mine showed up in the dealers inventory on their website as "on the way" when it was in the ship. What is your concern? From coming off the boat cars take 3-7 days to get to the dealers if they are in CA or AZ a few days more for Oregon and Washington, not sure about other locations. My car arrived at port early on a Wed and it was at the dealer in AZ on Friday, the GM told me that was about as quick as it can happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 08:11 PM   #3
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Mine was listed on BMWusa.com as being delivered to the dealer about 5 days ago while it actually got to the dealer today. Weirdness because the car carrier needed to shuttle the vehicles around between lots at the port and then brought them out to the dealer. Almost never happens but whatever, I have my car now and am stoked.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 10:25 PM   #4
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natek View Post
Mine was listed on BMWusa.com as being delivered to the dealer about 5 days ago while it actually got to the dealer today. Weirdness because the car carrier needed to shuttle the vehicles around between lots at the port and then brought them out to the dealer. Almost never happens but whatever, I have my car now and am stoked.
Congrats and enjoy. I think it is fairly common for them to have to go to several dealers to drop off cars, I got lucky as mine was the first stop because the guy was delivering 8 cars to AZ 4 to my dealer and 4 to one in Phoenix.
Appreciate 1
M2OG400.00
      01-04-2017, 11:30 PM   #5
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

This is another way to keep track of the wait list by following the new inventory. I was #4 on the list last year and already saw 3 cars in their inventory that showed "in transit" status that now has already been delivered. This puts me now first up for a production number. I called the dealership and was confirmed I'm on the top of the list. Now I just need them to hurry up and tell me the good news because this wait is getting too close for me not to be anxious!
Appreciate 0