E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > H7 to Xenon conversion kit. 8000K

01-02-2017, 02:20 PM   #1
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

H7 to Xenon conversion kit. 8000K

Xenon h7 conversion kit.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282313597171

This is a nice darker blue, slightly lighter than the Mercedes Shooting brake.

It lights up the road. If you're on the Autobahn, you will not overdrive them.

Last edited by Ghostriderf80; 01-03-2017 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 07:21 AM   #2
p-dawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D MSport

how easy are these to fit?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 09:12 AM   #3
McPikie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-dawg View Post
how easy are these to fit?
Easy enough, but you could do with terminator resistors if you are putting them in halogen units
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

NO resistors needed. The fitment is extremely easy. on E9x the balast bolt to pre-existing holes near airbox and coolant tank. There are no issues with coding and they will not throw errors either.

Bulbs swap over from H7 and you have beautiful blue hue.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #5
p-dawg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterspeed View Post
NO resistors needed. The fitment is extremely easy. on E9x the balast bolt to pre-existing holes near airbox and coolant tank. There are no issues with coding and they will not throw errors either.

Bulbs swap over from H7 and you have beautiful blue hue.
Do you have any pictures or guides how to install? I'm quite interested.

Did you have to drill a hole on your black dustcaps where you get access to the bulbs from the engine bay?

I replaced my H7s with Philips Diamond Vision H7. Would this conversion kit improve the visibility by much?

Lastly is it legal to do this here in UK?

Last edited by p-dawg; 01-03-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2017, 01:12 AM   #6
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes its allowed in the UK, it was on a UK car. I just changed my flag because I felt like it. I was told it would even MOT fine by my MOT centre and that there was no need to remove them. Your experience may vary.

It improves visibility that you feel that you are blind when you go to halogen. Your high beams become useless.

Yes you have to drill appropriate sized holes in the dust caps. However if you sell the car you 1 tape them up or replace them.

There are bolt holes for the balasts near coolant tank and airbox. All fits very nicely with a great result. I was very pleased with the color and performance as well as ease of installation.

The picture guide comes with the kit on the box.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 03:32 AM   #7
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
According to the advert, they are not H7R bulbs, which is what is needed if fitting HID bulbs into a housing designed for halogen.

All these bulbs will do is blind oncoming drivers and be an MOT failure.
      01-05-2017, 03:27 PM   #8
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishbosh View Post
According to the advert, they are not H7R bulbs, which is what is needed if fitting HID bulbs into a housing designed for halogen.

All these bulbs will do is blind oncoming drivers and be an MOT failure.
What is an H7R bulb and do you administer MOT's?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2017, 03:14 AM   #9
bishbosh
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F30 335d

Garage List
2014 BMW 335d  [0.00]
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=h7r+bulb

Read Section 1.7 and 1.8 on the MOT Inspection Manual

The test is now more stringent on headlamp aim.

Standard H7 HIDs in a reflector housing will produce a glaring beam pattern. H7R bulbs were designed to combat this.
      01-08-2017, 05:11 AM   #10
Raymo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D M Sport

Bishbosh is correct they need to be H7R bulbs in a reflector headlight, the H7 is for projector style headlights
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 06:34 AM   #11
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

So just remove the bulbs and put H7 when you go MOT. Shall we maybe discuss how many ppl run downpipes with no cats? Maybe also how many ppl run cheap replica wheels?

I appreciate what you're saying, but basically you're trying to botch the sale of these bulbs. If they were illegal in the UK than they should be banned by the government and not allowed to by sold by M-Style or other UK tuners.

Last edited by Ghostriderf80; 01-08-2017 at 06:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 07:00 AM   #12
Raymo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 335D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterspeed View Post
So just remove the bulbs and put H7 when you go MOT. Shall we maybe discuss how many ppl run downpipes with no cats? Maybe also how many ppl run cheap replica wheels?

I appreciate what you're saying, but basically you're trying to botch the sale of these bulbs. If they were illegal in the UK than they should be banned by the government and not allowed to by sold by M-Style or other UK tuners.
Not trying to "botch" your sale at all, just pointing out what these bulbs were designed for, Ive been in front of someone who had these type bulbs in reflector headlights and its blinding, personally I dont give a toss about the legalities of if they are right or wrong but from a safety point of view it concerns me, Im sure if you bought these not knowing this info and then wondered why every tom dick or harry was flashing you all the time and then find out you bought the wrong ones you'd be a bit miffed, this is what forums are about, "Information sharing", anyway there are plenty of vehicles out there with projector headlights that are running halogen bulbs which in this instance they would be a good upgrade buy.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #13
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Not trying to "botch" your sale at all, just pointing out what these bulbs were designed for, Ive been in front of someone who had these type bulbs in reflector headlights and its blinding, personally I dont give a toss about the legalities of if they are right or wrong but from a safety point of view it concerns me, Im sure if you bought these not knowing this info and then wondered why every tom dick or harry was flashing you all the time and then find out you bought the wrong ones you'd be a bit miffed, this is what forums are about, "Information sharing", anyway there are plenty of vehicles out there with projector headlights that are running halogen bulbs which in this instance they would be a good upgrade buy.
Fair enough. Appreciate the info.
Was not flashed as they were dipped on lowest setting.
Appreciate 0