BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Pricing question

12-29-2016, 10:34 PM   #1
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

M2 Pricing question

I am thinking to jump in to M2 in first quarter of next year and I am seeing (in forum at least) mixed information about Dealership pricing of M2.

My question is if I am looking to buy M2 in the next couple of months or so, do I still expect to get it at MSRP prices or below? Or should I expect to pay above MSRP?

I remember when I bought my e90 M3, I paid ~5K below MSRP ($500 over invoice) but from what I see in this forum and this section, this is not going to happen!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:39 PM   #2
MayorAdamWest
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2

MSRP if you can be patient and look for a car in the northeast during winter. You definitely won't find one under MSRP any time soon. I got 1500 off MSRP with a fleet discount, but that's only because BMWNA pays the dealer that money.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 04:06 AM   #3
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by S65-M3 View Post
I am thinking to jump in to M2 in first quarter of next year and I am seeing (in forum at least) mixed information about Dealership pricing of M2.

My question is if I am looking to buy M2 in the next couple of months or so, do I still expect to get it at MSRP prices or below? Or should I expect to pay above MSRP?

I remember when I bought my e90 M3, I paid ~5K below MSRP ($500 over invoice) but from what I see in this forum and this section, this is not going to happen!

My guess is for the next year you will see cars demanding MSRP or in some areas MSRP plus a premium. From what I have heard dealers have been given their forecasts for M2 volume for the next calendar year and the numbers are pretty low so some MSRP dealers are now expecting a mark up. Having said that there are plenty of dealers who will do MSRP, if you can get USAA membership you can get the $1,000 rebate so you can buy under MSRP. If you want to buy in the next few months you will need to get busy on phones because volume will be pretty low. Most dealers I have heard from are expecting just 4 cars for all of next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 04:24 PM   #4
davidk
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i, 2018 M2

If you are in Renton, WA, and you are thinking of purchasing locally, unless you are currently on a wait list at Seattle, Bellevue, or Northwest BMW, you will most likely not be purchasing an M2 within the next few months. I believe both Seattle and Northwest are selling at MSRP, but Bellevue was charging a premium, not sure if that is still the case. Good luck, and happy hunting.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 12:02 PM   #5
OneSickM
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk View Post
If you are in Renton, WA, and you are thinking of purchasing locally, unless you are currently on a wait list at Seattle, Bellevue, or Northwest BMW, you will most likely not be purchasing an M2 within the next few months. I believe both Seattle and Northwest are selling at MSRP, but Bellevue was charging a premium, not sure if that is still the case. Good luck, and happy hunting.
I have talked to BMW of Seattle and I can confirm that. There is a waiting list of at least 10 months!

Does anyone know why there is such long waiting list?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 01:00 PM   #6
Destroya
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM View Post
I have talked to BMW of Seattle and I can confirm that. There is a waiting list of at least 10 months!

High demand and the dealership is probably only getting one car a month.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 01:42 PM   #7
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Supply and demand. Seattle has a lot of money and the right demographic for the car (Amazon, Microsoft, Facebook/Oculus, Google etc all here).
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 12:21 PM   #8
Bluedoor
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I'm in the NYC TriState area and signed contract in my '17 M2 at MSRP. I'm disturbed though at the number of dealers representing MSRP well above the BMWUSA build price. Both total costs and individual option costs. My hope is the hype created by the well deserved press will die off and premiums will disappear.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #9
RAM_F30_F87
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT; 2012 328i 6MT

Garage List
I was lucky and paid MSRP for my August 2016 build. I've seen several referrals in this forum and you can check sites such as http://www.cars.com and possibly find one within a distance you're willing to travel. Hopefully you're a BMWCCA member and eligible for the $500 rebate at https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2017, 02:26 PM   #10
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickM View Post

Most of these lists started in October 2015 when the car was announced, some even before. Many dealers stopped adding to their list when they got 10 or 20 deep because they know they are getting 4 cars a year in many cases. I can tell you that many dealers move through the lists fairly quick because if the 10 on the list for example 4-5 will likely pass when it is their turn because of life circumstances or because they were able to get one from another dealer. Most early movers on this car got on several lists. I think your best bet and what turned out to be mine was finding a dealer who is not doing a list at all. There are several out there who didn't want to bother with a list of folks and deposits because I am sure they are a pain in the ass for the dealer and a source of frustration for the customers. In my case the local dealer didn't do a list and decided they wanted to sell their cars to local customers only which is how I got my car. Your best shot is finding a dealer who doesn't have a list which will require a bunch of phone calls or follow closely here and someone will know of a car or decide to pass on their car and offer it up here. A buddy got an order with an east coast dealer that didn't have a list, they were DC area but while his car was in production he learned of a car with his exact build that was sitting at a dealer but the guy had to pass because of life circumstances. He offered up the east coast car to someone here and took the car that was out of Louisiana.
My point is that if you really want a car during a specific time frame you will need to exhaust all options. Start off with announcing in a post what exactly you want and you might be surprised because the folks here are very generous and helpful.
Appreciate 0