E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help-Friends car went in for headlight repair, now wiper fluid leak - Dealer issues

12-23-2016, 11:01 AM   #1
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 i4 and 2022 Acura MDX

Help-Friends car went in for headlight repair, now wiper fluid leak - Dealer issues

Guys, a good friend of mine took is 2011 328i to the dealership for a headlight failure. They replaced the passenger side headlight assembly, he picked the car up drove home.

The next morning he went out to his car to find a fluid leak from the passenger side front of the vehicle. He drove it back to the dealer, they told him the wiper fluid was leaking because the lines/motor was damaged on the passenger side of the car.

They said it needed to be replaced. He told them the car was just in the day before for a headlight replacement on that same side and the dealership immediately said they were completely unrelated.

Is this really the worlds most ridiculous coincidence or is it likely the dealer somehow damaged the line and/or motor that cleans that passenger headlight? He's been wrestling with the dealer for a week and is going to talk to the manager today. I figured someone here probably knows if this could have happened as a result of the headlight replacement or if it really is just bad luck.
      12-23-2016, 01:30 PM   #2
STR8-6IX
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: RWD 528i N52

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUGrad05 View Post
Guys, a good friend of mine took is 2011 328i to the dealership for a headlight failure. They replaced the passenger side headlight assembly, he picked the car up drove home.

The next morning he went out to his car to find a fluid leak from the passenger side front of the vehicle. He drove it back to the dealer, they told him the wiper fluid was leaking because the lines/motor was damaged on the passenger side of the car.

They said it needed to be replaced. He told them the car was just in the day before for a headlight replacement on that same side and the dealership immediately said they were completely unrelated.

Is this really the worlds most ridiculous coincidence or is it likely the dealer somehow damaged the line and/or motor that cleans that passenger headlight? He's been wrestling with the dealer for a week and is going to talk to the manager today. I figured someone here probably knows if this could have happened as a result of the headlight replacement or if it really is just bad luck.

its obvious that the dealer broke it. if they dont want to fix it, dont waste your time and go get it done at a proper mechanic shop.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6IX-F10-N52 View Post
its obvious that the dealer broke it. if they dont want to fix it, dont waste your time and go get it done at a proper mechanic shop.
I agree but don't know enough about the e90 wiper plumbing relatively the headlights to say for sure.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 04:22 PM   #4
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

If there are headlight washers on his car, it is easy to pinch the fluid lines as they are attached to the bumper (which comes off to get to the lights). They run directly under the lights. If there are no washers, then it is completely unrelated.
      12-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #5
OUGrad05
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxchris727 View Post
If there are headlight washers on his car, it is easy to pinch the fluid lines as they are attached to the bumper (which comes off to get to the lights). They run directly under the lights. If there are no washers, then it is completely unrelated.
Yes it has washers
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2016, 04:30 PM   #6
mxchris727
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 M5, '06 325i, '12 M3

They are responsible then