BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Looking for a mid July Euro delivery. Does anybody know a dealer that has one?

12-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
midcont
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 19’ M5 Comp

Looking for a mid July Euro delivery. Does anybody know a dealer that has one?

I'd like to do a Euro delivery in mid July-17'.
Is it too early to secure an allocation?
If so, what should my plan of action be to make this happen?
If not, does anybody have a dealer they could point me to?
Looking for Euro MSRP also if possible.
Thanks for any help or recommendations.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 02:26 PM   #2
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by midcont View Post
I'd like to do a Euro delivery in mid July-17'.
Is it too early to secure an allocation?
If so, what should my plan of action be to make this happen?
If not, does anybody have a dealer they could point me to?
Looking for Euro MSRP also if possible.
Thanks for any help or recommendations.
This will be a tough one to pull off. Since dealers are able to routinely get US MSRP or more and their allocations are very tight still (and seem to be for next year also) most are not interested in giving up their limited allocations to someone for European delivery. If you have a local dealership you have a relationship with they are your best bet, they may be willing to do Euro for a established customer for an M2 but beyond that I think it will be a tough one to pull off. The only folks I have know to get Euro delivery on the M2 are folks with corporate connections or who have long established history of doing business with their dealers.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #3
midcont
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
This will be a tough one to pull off. Since dealers are able to routinely get US MSRP or more and their allocations are very tight still (and seem to be for next year also) most are not interested in giving up their limited allocations to someone for European delivery. If you have a local dealership you have a relationship with they are your best bet, they may be willing to do Euro for a established customer for an M2 but beyond that I think it will be a tough one to pull off. The only folks I have know to get Euro delivery on the M2 are folks with corporate connections or who have long established history of doing business with their dealers.
I do have an allocation for May (not a good time for me to travel) delivery in US at MSRP from a local dealer, but I don't have a relationship with them.

I'd probably settle for Euro as US MSRP if I had to.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 06:36 PM   #4
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Did you ask your current dealer if they would push you down a spot to accommodate a mid July ED? I'd start there.

Like you, I could receive my M2 earlier, but I want to do a May 2017 Euro Delivery. The dealer I decided to do business with, is doing the deal at Euro MSRP and moved me down their list to fulfill my wishes, so it's possible to do.

If not, my suggestion is to get on the phone and contact as many dealers as you can, who are located fairly hear to you. Then ask if they are willing to do ED at ED MSRP. If they are, then I'd ask how many people are on their wait list? If its reasonable, relative to their dealership size, I'd put a refundable deposit and get my name on their wait list.

With M2's constantly being delivered, drop outs from people on multiple waiting lists, like myself, cause M2 lists to move quicker than anticipated.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 09:15 PM   #5
midcont
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Joe View Post
Did you ask your current dealer if they would push you down a spot to accommodate a mid July ED? I'd start there.

Like you, I could receive my M2 earlier, but I want to do a May 2017 Euro Delivery. The dealer I decided to do business with, is doing the deal at Euro MSRP and moved me down their list to fulfill my wishes, so it's possible to do.

If not, my suggestion is to get on the phone and contact as many dealers as you can, who are located fairly hear to you. Then ask if they are willing to do ED at ED MSRP. If they are, then I'd ask how many people are on their wait list? If its reasonable, relative to their dealership size, I'd put a refundable deposit and get my name on their wait list.

With M2's constantly being delivered, drop outs from people on multiple waiting lists, like myself, cause M2 lists to move quicker than anticipated.
I asked the dealer and they can't give me assurance I'd get a spot until February or March. Would like to know sooner rather than that.
Does anybody know if allocations are available this far out?
Rather than call all around, thought I'd start here to see if anybody knew anybody. Won't matter out of state if it's euro delivery, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 06:46 AM   #6
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
I asked the dealer and they can't give me assurance I'd get a spot until February or March. Would like to know sooner rather than that.
Rather than call all around, thought I'd start here to see if anybody knew anybody. Won't matter out of state if it's euro delivery, right?
Allocations are not given that far out. You're going to have to wait until the time they said (Feb/March). I'm not sure how long the gap can be either between build date and euro delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 06:07 PM   #7
Aloha Joe
Hanapaa!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 6mt, LBB

Quote:
I totally understand about wanting assurance sooner. According to my CA, a car ordered for ED, will be submitted to BMW approximately 1 month in advance of anticipated ED date. Reason being, no shipping of the car to the states is required until after ED trip.

Out of state may matter to some, as the shipping of the M2 will go to the ordering dealer. Unless you can work out some kind of courtesy delivery between dealers.
Appreciate 0