BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > finding my way to a queue

12-13-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
crvz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '21 F150 Tremor

finding my way to a queue

I've been trolling this forum a bit, as my interest has peaked on the M2 over the last few weeks. I thought i'd inquire a few things to you who've paid more attention to the supply lines over the last year.

i saw someone say shopping non-local makes good sense. I'd like to buy at MSRP (or below of course), and buy sometime in early 2018. And I would want a 6MT in either the grey or white with almost no other options (apple option would be about it). So here are my questions:

What dealers have gotten a good rep for being honest and reasonable (I'm local to southeast Texas, but would travel)?
When should I start making serious moves to get the car around that time?
What is the projection on supply as more time passes?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

My dealer in NW Louisiana doesn't mark up any cars. Not many allocations but with your timeline, they should accommodate.

Orr BMW - ask for Greg Stark
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #3
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

If you've been watching this forum for a while, you have no doubt noticed that both cars (at MSRP) and allocation slots are popping up on almost a daily basis now. People order the car and then flake out while it's on the boat. Or, they have an allocation up for assignment and get cold feet. Whatever the reason, it's getting easier. Since you are not looking to buy for another year, I'd say do 2 things:

1) Get on some lists in Texas with local dealers that don't charge over MSRP. This is your insurance plan.

2) The real plan: Just wait. Hang out for another 12 months. I'm really thinking that in a year from now you'll find it pretty easy to find completed cars, or allocations for cars being built very soon. If I'm wrong an all the naysayers who stand by the assertion that the M2 will be exclusive and rare forever are correct, then you'll be happy you got on some wait lists a year prior.

Dont let the long wait lists deter you. I was #16 on my dealer list and got allocation #8. 50% of the people on the list just evaporated.
Appreciate 1
jdarwin601.50
      12-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
arquitecto
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 MG 6MT, '03 E39

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
2003 BMW 530i  [0.00]
Another reason these allocations keep popping up here and there is because people sign up for multiple lists and once they get their first available allocation they drop out of the other lists.

Some of these waiting lists seem over inflated and tend to move forward inconsistently based on where people end up getting cars or when they get tired of waiting around.

Also if you are willing to be a little flexible on options you may get the oportunity to purchase someone else's build that they do not take delivery of. Make sure you mention to our CA that you would like to do that.

I have been on the waiting list for a couple of months for my allocation but was given the opportunity to purchase someone else's build that didn't want the car anymore. I didn't buy this one because it was too different from what I wanted but if you are lucky this may be the fastest way to get one.
      12-14-2016, 09:36 AM   #5
crvz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C, '21 F150 Tremor

I'm not sweating on getting one quickly, I won't really be poised to buy before later next year. I think mostly I'd prefer to avoid the uncertainty that I've seen from a lot of folks, and I imagine that's where most of my questions come in. I'll chat with my local dealer first, and see where that goes. keep any recommendations coming, though
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #6
AngryBaby
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Works

Quote:
Originally Posted by crvz View Post
I'm not sweating on getting one quickly, I won't really be poised to buy before later next year. I think mostly I'd prefer to avoid the uncertainty that I've seen from a lot of folks, and I imagine that's where most of my questions come in. I'll chat with my local dealer first, and see where that goes. keep any recommendations coming, though
Autobahn BMW in Ft Worth is at MSRP and they're good people. Ask for Dennis Buschbaum (CA). I moved up 16 spots in 5 months and 11 spots in the last 3 months. No deposit was required to get on the list when I jumped on in August.
Appreciate 0