THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Running Catless DP - want to add exhaust (will I actually hear it inside the cabin??)

12-07-2016, 07:59 AM   #1
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Running Catless DP - want to add exhaust (will I actually hear it inside the cabin??)

Top of the morning!

I'm wondering if adding an exhaust to my car will actually be something I can enjoy while sitting in the cabin?

The car is fairly quiet (thanks BMW for engineering a well insulated car) but I'm feeling the need to hear more noise.

I can hear the catless dp a little during normal driving...but it's noticeable when WOT or when the windows are down (especially at night).

Has anyone here added an exhaust to a catless dp setup and can speak to how much louder it is when you add an exhaust??

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort and cash if it doesn't add that much of an increased sound note...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 07:07 PM   #2
kilox90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Austin Yellow

I have the Fabspeed muffler delete catback exhaust system and it's pretty loud but not obnoxious loud. I don't have an aftermarket DP yet.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2016, 09:05 PM   #3
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Top of the morning!

I'm wondering if adding an exhaust to my car will actually be something I can enjoy while sitting in the cabin?

The car is fairly quiet (thanks BMW for engineering a well insulated car) but I'm feeling the need to hear more noise.

I can hear the catless dp a little during normal driving...but it's noticeable when WOT or when the windows are down (especially at night).

Has anyone here added an exhaust to a catless dp setup and can speak to how much louder it is when you add an exhaust??

I'm not sure if it's worth the effort and cash if it doesn't add that much of an increased sound note...
It depends on the exhaust system you pick .. Since you have catless i do not recommend a muffler delete or something too aggressive... I would do REMUS with catless downpipe

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:00 AM   #4
amw896
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M235i

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [10.00]
I think MPE is a good fit with catless too. There are some vids u can YouTube to get an idea. Its loud but not crazy loud. I plan on going this route in the spring.

what are you currently doing to clear the CEL?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 06:28 AM   #5
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
I think MPE is a good fit with catless too. There are some vids u can YouTube to get an idea. Its loud but not crazy loud. I plan on going this route in the spring.

I had the light on for like 4 months - didn't bother me at all.

I've added a JB4 just the other day and it's cleared it upon install. I'm running the easiest and low map setting. I don't race or drive nuts so it's just enough power to give me a smile when I drive.

I've looked into an MPE. I hate the fact that it requires cutting - are all exhaust like that including a Remus, Dinan, etc?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 09:56 AM   #6
EuroDude
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Garage List
2017 Ford GT350  [0.00]
Los.....what's up? Seems like a few months ago for that JB4. I've got a catless dp on my family room floor that I need to install with my MPE.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #7
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroDude View Post
Los.....what's up? Seems like a few months ago for that JB4. I've got a catless dp on my family room floor that I need to install with my MPE.
Hey Buddy!!!

I broke my phone in Thailand last month so send me a text if you still have my info! Let's try to get together and if you need help with that DP - let me know.

I wanna hear how that DP sounds with the MPE!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 12:55 AM   #8
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Hey Buddy!!!

I broke my phone in Thailand last month so send me a text if you still have my info! Let's try to get together and if you need help with that DP - let me know.

I wanna hear how that DP sounds with the MPE!!!
Just posted up my VRSF catless DP with MPE vids! ------>>>>http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1332857
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 10:04 AM   #9
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Our Valvetronic Exhaust coupled with a catless downpipe sounds incredible and still maintains valve functionality! Check it out below:

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #10
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post

I had the light on for like 4 months - didn't bother me at all.

I've added a JB4 just the other day and it's cleared it upon install. I'm running the easiest and low map setting. I don't race or drive nuts so it's just enough power to give me a smile when I drive.

I've looked into an MPE. I hate the fact that it requires cutting - are all exhaust like that including a Remus, Dinan, etc?
If it's an axle back exhaust it's going to require cutting. Cat-back will not.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0