F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England > MA Area Dinan Workshops
ARMA SPEED

12-06-2016, 01:19 AM   #1
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

MA Area Dinan Workshops

Anyone have suggestions on Dinan workshops? Looking to get shockware done on my F36, but the workshops I'd usually go to aren't Dinan certified. I'm surprised Turner isn't. Dinan has a list on their site, but I haven't heard of most of them and wasn't sure if those were reputable or not.
      12-06-2016, 03:13 PM   #2
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
Anyone have suggestions on Dinan workshops? Looking to get shockware done on my F36, but the workshops I'd usually go to aren't Dinan certified. I'm surprised Turner isn't. Dinan has a list on their site, but I haven't heard of most of them and wasn't sure if those were reputable or not.
I had a conversation with Dinan recently and their take is that so long as the part(s) are properly installed they can be installed by anyone and the warranty would remain intact

I was talking to him specifically about suspension parts like anti sway bar and camber plates which I trust my local tire/allignment/repair specialty shop to install....they've done a ton of suspension/wheel/allignment work for me and I trust implicitly

I dont think I would ever trust a dealership to do this work and there are few independents I trust whether or not they are Dinan dealers or not
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #3
Mdog97
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

EuroTech Motorsports - Natick - Farley

I was just recently introduced to Farley, the proprietor of EuroTech Motorsports in Natick, by some of the F80 M3 subforum members. He does mostly BMW, but also has some Porsches around his small shop. His is a Dinan authorized (or whatever) shop - there's a big banner on the wall, and it's on his website too. He came very highly recommended, so I just (in the past 4 days) had him install TPMS, mount tires, balance & install my winter wheels/tires on my M3. Result: I'm 100% satisfied and quite happy with the overall experience. My impressions of him: thoughtful, meticulous, professional. He's my new go-to guy for BMW. Close enough to Boston that it might be worth a trip out to Natick to meet him in person.

Relevant mods thread here: http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...php?p=19641388

Not sure what "Shockware" is, but I think his personal F80 M3 has one or more Dinan mods on it, although you'd do well to ask him about it directly.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 06:21 PM   #4
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
I had a conversation with Dinan recently and their take is that so long as the part(s) are properly installed they can be installed by anyone and the warranty would remain intact

I was talking to him specifically about suspension parts like anti sway bar and camber plates which I trust my local tire/allignment/repair specialty shop to install....they've done a ton of suspension/wheel/allignment work for me and I trust implicitly

I dont think I would ever trust a dealership to do this work and there are few independents I trust whether or not they are Dinan dealers or not

Fair warning on this..have whomever is installing Dinan sway bars to look at the instructions before they get started...it's a lot more work than just unhooking one bar and replacing.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 09:26 PM   #5
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW in NE View Post
Fair warning on this..have whomever is installing Dinan sway bars to look at the instructions before they get started...it's a lot more work than just unhooking one bar and replacing.
Please elaborate if you dont mind

IIRC the Dinan's are "adjustable".....
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Please elaborate if you dont mind

IIRC the Dinan's are "adjustable".....
I think you can adjust with no issues, but the actual replacement of the factory bars with the Dinan ones looks fairly complicated without the correct tools.

http://files.dinancars.com/webresour...4c6be45ecc.pdf
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 10:10 PM   #7
Versipellis
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 F36 440i xDrive M-Sport

Bumping this again.
      05-18-2017, 05:49 AM   #8
hinckley
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '24 M4C Conv

BMW Gallery in Norwood has an in-house Dinan center and are Dinan certified. It's where all the local dealers bring their cars for Dinan installs for customers who Dinan performance bits installed on new cars. Also, I know Turner does Dinan work although they may not be "certified".
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #9
Climb Mode
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Someone mentioned him earlier in the thread but I'd like to second the recommendation for Farley at Eurotech Motorsports in Natick. Exactly what one would want for all things BMW. Dinan authorized shop. Responsive to email/phone inquiries. Look 'em up!
Appreciate 0