E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Side Marker off but LED is on with Carly App

11-27-2016, 12:24 PM   #1
DaytonaBMW
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92

Side Marker off but LED is on with Carly App

Hey guys,
I have the Carly gen 2 adapter with Carly for BmW pro, for iphone.
I was trying to do corner light delete mod. Turning off side marker did work, it did disabled the ugly amber turn light, however the corner LED dot is still on even with the Corner LED disabled option.

Anyone had same problem? Some said that there is an option of Corner LED brightness with low beam but i do not see that on my app.
I also saw that disable side marker and active Corner LED worked for E90, but it's not working for me.
Please let me know if anyone knows how to get it work.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by DaytonaBMW; 11-27-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2016, 07:38 PM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonaBMW View Post
Hey guys,
I have the Carly gen 2 adapter with Carly for BmW pro, for iphone.
I was trying to do corner light delete mod. Turning off side marker did work, it did disabled the ugly amber turn light, however the corner LED dot is still on even with the Corner LED disabled option.

Anyone had same problem? Some said that there is an option of Corner LED brightness with low beam but i do not see that on my app.
I also saw that disable side marker and active Corner LED worked for E90, but it's not working for me.
Please let me know if anyone knows how to get it work.

Thanks in advance.
Funny story, we in Belgium (or Europe) love the amber turn light!

However, as far as I know you can't disable the corner LED.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 12:05 AM   #3
FireBlaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

On my E92 LCI, the 3 orange LEDs on the corner on each headlight is always on with parking/headlights active.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
dstrickland
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 325I

Try fiddling with your drl options....
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 10:14 AM   #5
Stage5Lurker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: White Buffalo

Garage List
I have and LCI e92 and what I did was turn on ae for drl turn my tails on and adjust to my liking, then just turn light know to the off position. strictly ae (no amber) and tails!
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 12:59 AM   #6
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftshiftsith View Post
I have and LCI e92 and what I did was turn on ae for drl turn my tails on and adjust to my liking, then just turn light know to the off position. strictly ae (no amber) and tails!
So doing it this way you cant shut your lights off with the engine on correct? I like having the ability to do that so I coded DRLs off.

Wish there was a way to just shut the darn LEDs off in all modes, basically disable em
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
Stage5Lurker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat
Quote:
So doing it this way you cant shut your lights off with the engine on correct? I like having the ability to do that so I coded DRLs off.

Wish there was a way to just shut the darn LEDs off in all modes, basically disable em
when the switch is in off position just the halos are on. When you turn the car off, lights go off. My e92 doesn't allow the lights to be on without a key.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 11:36 PM   #8
Supacat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i M-Sport

Quote:
when the switch is in off position just the halos are on. When you turn the car off, lights go off. My e92 doesn't allow the lights to be on without a key.
That's my point as I like the option of having my enginer on and lights off. For example, parked for a bit waiting for someone with the heat on. I dont need my lights on. Know its just a preference thang but I need to be able to kill lights :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
Stage5Lurker
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat
Quote:
That's my point as I like the option of having my enginer on and lights off. For example, parked for a bit waiting for someone with the heat on. I dont need my lights on. Know its just a preference thang but I need to be able to kill lights :-)
yeah, you'll have to do that in the settings on the idrive.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 02:59 PM   #10
deeLow
DOPE
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supacat View Post
Quote:

You can shut the LED off.. at least for me. I'm on FRM3 and did it with NCSexpert.
Appreciate 0