E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Need to code out warning lights

11-08-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
The_E92_Fan
V8 Bait
Rep
Drives: your mom

Need to code out warning lights

I have a 2010 335i with lots of custom work done by the previous owner who didn't care too much about the warning lights left on the dash. I do, however. Here's my list of current warning lights:

Keep in mind these are in the SMALL SQUARE DASH that also shows outside temp, time, MPG, Check/Control, etc.

SOS error warning | iDrive works fine. I might need more insight about this one. Don't know what's causing it really. Can I code out with no problems? ALWAYS on the dash.

TPMS warning (inactive!) | I'm pretty sure this is being caused by a bad sensor somewhere...It doesn't say exactly where its coming from. How do I figure this one out? It is NOT ALWAYS on the dash. About 50% of the time only.

Airbag warning | Probably caused by having Recaro seats. There's a coded box to wire in to the connector to simulate a passenger, but will this actually fix it? I don't want to eat a steering wheel should I crash. It is ALWAYS on the dash.

Washer fluid warning | This one is pretty much always on and seems to be simple maintenance. The hose is f***ed up and falling apart, and the "stream" when being used is weak AF. pretty sure the pump is bad. Not sure if leaking.

Light bulb warning | Most of the lights in and out of the car are LED aftermarket of some kind. Can i code out? It is NOT ALWAYS on the dash. Only about 50% of the time.

Other concerns: He also seems to have gotten some coding done to permanently DIM that square which houses said warning lights, and from what i can tell, any other SYMBOL warnings in the very top dash section. How do i know? no tune/full catless and no CEL....He wanted to avoid having to look at them. I want to FIX/CODE out appropriate ones, and UN-DIM the dash warnings. This is going to be a headache, and anyone willing to help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: How much of this can Carly App handle? I know nothing of coding by the way.

Last edited by The_E92_Fan; 11-08-2016 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 03:14 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

You should properly diagnose this car. I like Carly but with such warning you should use BMW Rheingold and a K+DCAN cable or ICOM. Carly won't show you fault patterns etc etc which Rheingold will do.

It's difficult to suggest where to start without actually having the fault codes read.
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2016, 06:57 PM   #3
The_E92_Fan
V8 Bait
Rep
Drives: your mom

I'll hook up MHD over the weekend and see what the reader says. I don't have Rheingold. What can you tell me about it?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2016, 11:44 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Rheingold is BMW ISTA D. Dealer level software for diagnosis. It's free on this forum.

Anyway, if you don't have it you don't have it. Just read the codes with what you have and post them up here so people can then help.
Appreciate 0