E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > is it me or is pricing for stock wheels this time around a bit high?

11-07-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
darkw1sh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E46 ///M3
Location: Los Angeles/Woodland Hills/Thousand Oaks/ ***Santa Cruz***

is it me or is pricing for stock wheels this time around a bit high?

I mean i love what BMW does with the OEM wheels and I understand the over inflated OEM prices, but honestly what is up with the 3rd party sale of these wheels being so high. You can buy a decent set of 219m's from the e9x world for 600-800, (i bought mine for 650 for a set with tires, but the were almost gone, i got to finish em off when i bought them).

But the new series of even the 18 inch wheels people are asking ~1.8-2.1k for the set. At what point is it better to buy a good set of wheels from a reputable brand that would sit exactly where you want them.

I do have to admit the new F8x wheels are really light, but still for the most common wheel to have a price point that high is a bit much.

Sorry about the rant, I just feel the e9x community got screwed with how much we could resell our wheels for.
Appreciate 0