E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Find ZB family

10-21-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

Find ZB family

I.
Need to update with winkpf a dde 5. From Zb number I can't find correct family. How can i chose correct family in confort mode in winkpf?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 09:23 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

You need the SGBD:

1. Start INPA by right-clicking INPALOAD.exe file and selecting 'Run as administrator'. INPA should load
2. Select your relevant car. press F3.
3. The Script selection window will appear. Select the 1st option on the right - FUNCTIONAL JOBS
4. The Select series (Baureihenauswahl) window will appear. Select F1
5. The Job main menu will appear. Select F2 - Identifikation

***Ignore the red square but look in the SGBD column. There's your ecu family***
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks.
And after that, how I chose family in winkpf if my zb number isn't recognized by winkpf?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 09:59 AM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtype
Thanks.
And after that, how I chose family in winkpf if my zb number isn't recognized by winkpf?
What do you mean? What error do you get? You need to just select comfort mode, update zusb, choose family, enter vin, go back, program zusb update.

Window will appear with current zusb and proposed update.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 03:46 PM   #5
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
What do you mean? What error do you get? You need to just select comfort mode, update zusb, choose family, enter vin, go back, program zusb update.

Problem is that I dont know what family to chose, because when I input ZB number, it's not found on assembly.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtype View Post
I.
Need to update with winkpf a dde 5. From Zb number I can't find correct family. How can i chose correct family in confort mode in winkpf?
Thanks
See my FAQ...question(s) 6 & 5:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...48&postcount=2

If you found this information useful, please click on the Appreciate button at the bottom of this post.
      10-21-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Problem is that I dont know what family to chose, because when I input ZB number, it's not found on assembly.
What number shows up in INPA? Most likely the DATEN version you have installed on your laptop is newer than the version on your car. Which is not a problem, except like you said, you don't know which family to select.

So, take the number that shows up in INPA and go to the DDE* folders in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\data and open each of the .his files and do a search for that number. If it finds it, then you know which family to select in WinKFP. If none of the .his files have that number, then google "BMW #######" (using the number from INPA) and see what you find.

If you need the specific DATEN set your current version is a part of, you may have to search all the way back to around v49. Just depends on when the last time your car was updated.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2016, 11:23 PM   #8
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I still don't understand. You asked how to find the ecu family. I have you instruction. 808AWD325xi also gave instruction (much better than mine).

If you want to just update a module why are you entering any zusb? Winkfp will choose the correct zusb automatically...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:30 AM   #9
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I still don't understand. You asked how to find the ecu family. I have you instruction. 808AWD325xi also gave instruction (much better than mine).

If you want to just update a module why are you entering any zusb? Winkfp will choose the correct zusb automatically...
This is for a friend, an e61, 530d from 2004. I need to know the family to update only that module. Dde get hit flash and eproom corrupted. Will try to give a shot if with this update car will run again. Dde is original from car and never was updated. So it's a old zb number. Will try to find on .his files.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 06:32 AM   #10
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Quote:
What number shows up in INPA? Most likely the DATEN version you have installed on your laptop is newer than the version on your car. Which is not a problem, except like you said, you don't know which family to select.

So, take the number that shows up in INPA and go to the DDE* folders in C:\EC-APPS\NFS\data and open each of the .his files and do a search for that number. If it finds it, then you know which family to select in WinKFP. If none of the .his files have that number, then google "BMW #######" (using the number from INPA) and see what you find.

If you need the specific DATEN set your current version is a part of, you may have to search all the way back to around v49. Just depends on when the last time your car was updated.
Will give a shot. Can I find family with hardware number like is explained on that link above, right?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2016, 09:50 AM   #11
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep

Have found old zb on .his file.
Thanks to all.
Appreciate 0