BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Might be giving up December Delivery - LBB, 6MT, Exec, Carplay

10-06-2016, 10:57 AM   #1
silverlude
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Unhappy Might be giving up December Delivery - LBB, 6MT, Exec, Carplay

It is with great disappointment that I'm posting this. I might have to be give up my build 2017 LBB, 6MT, Exec Pkg, Carplay that is currently in production and to be delivered at PCD Dec 15. I currently have a $1k deposit, so I'd only be looking to get that back. Car is sold at MSRP and all I want back is my deposit.

I'm currently trying to sell my Certified 2015 M3, but depreciation hit so hard that my timing might be off, unfortunately,and I would probably be losing $6-8k to sell. So, we'll see where things go from here, but I would like to see if anyone would be interested in taking it over at no cost. I will be making my decision mid-November, if I haven't sold by then.

Trying to get a list of people that might be interested--better be prepared than unprepared and lose $1k. You can PM me your details and I would simply contact you in the order that I receive them, but I won't be responding to anyone until I make my decision in November.

Car will be in Georgia, but obviously you could take over my Performance Center Delivery, or potentially pick up the car at the dealership, or have it shipped.

Please post questions here and interested parties can submit their name via PM.

Thanks -- and if anyone is looking for a clean F80 M3 DCT, certified with 75k/5 yr warranty, let me know, because it is a steal!! $250 to s/he who finds a buyer for me and transaction closes.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1306864
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Good luck to you !! My order is for the exact same car but I have to wait until my current lease ends in June 2017
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2016, 01:31 PM   #3
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

I would keep the M3. Not worth the big hit.
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      10-10-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
Phaeton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
contact me. I'm interested. Located in Chattanooga so not a far hike.
Appreciate 1
DCM278.00
      10-10-2016, 01:31 PM   #5
silverlude
Private
Rep

The dealership is not willing to give me back my deposit, despite giving them the contact information of someone who is willing to take over my build. So I will try and find a way to make this work, or will lose out on my $1k.

Thanks for all those interested and sorry I wasted your time. The offer still stands for anyone finding a buyer for my M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 02:19 PM   #6
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Pretty rude on their part. If they didn't think they could get another buyer on their own at MSRP, that would be one thing. But at MSRP this car will be gone before it hits the showroom floor and they're being dicks to simply prove a point + score a free thousand bucks.

Dealers like that reflect poorly on BMW.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #7
silverlude
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ried
Pretty rude on their part. If they didn't think they could get another buyer on their own at MSRP, that would be one thing. But at MSRP this car will be gone before it hits the showroom floor and they're being dicks to simply prove a point + score a free thousand bucks.

Dealers like that reflect poorly on BMW.
I couldn't agree more. Doesn't seem to be my CA's decision but more her management. Not only do I have 3 people in line to take over the car, including the PCD on the same prescribed date, but we know the car would sell before it hits the lot. Also, they have a waiting list themselves.

They were really nice from the beginning, in fact I had no deposit until they got the official build allocation. But this dick move is coming from left field.

Oh well. At this point I might bite the bullet and keep both cars for a period of time until depreciation settles.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #8
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverlude View Post
I couldn't agree more. Doesn't seem to be my CA's decision but more her management. Not only do I have 3 people in line to take over the car, including the PCD on the same prescribed date, but we know the car would sell before it hits the lot. Also, they have a waiting list themselves.

They were really nice from the beginning, in fact I had no deposit until they got the official build allocation. But this dick move is coming from left field.

Oh well. At this point I might bite the bullet and keep both cars for a period of time until depreciation settles.
Tell them if they don't return your deposit you're going to proceed with buying the car.....and give them the worst ratings possible on the survey.

Wait to sign the official order for MSRP first though.
Appreciate 3
ried791.50
Msmall143270.00
      10-10-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
silverlude
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85
Quote:

Tell them if they don't return your deposit you're going to proceed with buying the car.....and give them the worst ratings possible on the survey.

Wait to sign the official order for MSRP first though.
I told my CA that it was an opportunity to win a repeat customer and sell 2 M2s instead of one, because I would have jumped back on their waiting list when ready. I was making it easy for them.

I ended saying my new goal was to make sure they don't get to keep my $1k and that this was going to be their one and only sale with me.

Let the ratings be...after. But it's not my CA's fault, so I will not target her.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #10
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I told my CA that it was an opportunity to win a repeat customer and sell 2 M2s instead of one, because I would have jumped back on their waiting list when ready. I was making it easy for them.

I ended saying my new goal was to make sure they don't get to keep my $1k and that this was going to be their one and only sale with me.

Let the ratings be...after. But it's not my CA's fault, so I will not target her.
It may not be her fault but she can push back on management knowing that you're going to destroy them on ratings. Remember, this is a business transaction and they're screwing with your livelyhood just to pocket $1k. Be nice after you get your deposit back lol.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2016, 05:52 PM   #11
Sideshow
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
The dealership is not willing to give me back my deposit, despite giving them the contact information of someone who is willing to take over my build. So I will try and find a way to make this work, or will lose out on my $1k.
Did you (hopefully) use a credit card? Call the company and they will take care of it.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2016, 06:05 PM   #12
Zippster
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 BMW M2

I feel your pain.

I had a 87 MR2 in very good condition, garage kept, low miles, original owner, lovingly cared for. I could only get 3k for it. If I had the space I would have kept it. Oh well, it was time to move on.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2016, 09:42 AM   #13
Phaeton
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for all those interested and sorry I wasted your time. The offer still stands for anyone finding a buyer for my M3.
If you want to let me know the name of your dealer, and salesperson, I could always provide them a deposit so they can refund yours?

I sent you a PM on the subject.

Last edited by Phaeton; 10-12-2016 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 01:29 PM   #14
silverlude
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton
Quote:

If you want to let me know the name of your dealer, and salesperson, I could always provide them a deposit so they can refund yours?

I sent you a PM on the subject.
Thanks we already tried this and they refused. At this point I'm working to take possession of the car and sell M3 later. Dream garage here I come. Hah
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #15
Click821
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 Long beach Blue MT

Quote:

Im assuming you used a credit card for this. They have no right to the money if the product isn't delivered. Call the credit card company and tell them you want to charge this back. let them know you already contacted the dealership about refunding the money and they have refused. Should be no issue at all.
Appreciate 2
      10-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #16
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower
I would keep the M3. Not worth the big hit.
But according to you .. he clearly can't afford an M3 ( and neither can you ..) right ? I mean really ... no one buys an M2 because it's better
Appreciate 0