M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Mechanical Maintenance - Break-in, Oil, Fluids, Servicing, Etc.

09-23-2016, 08:46 PM   #1
UPSBMW
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335ix coupe M Sport

E34 M5 Wiper Problem

Hi All,

My son just bought his first M5. We are having a problem finding wiper blades that fit. The drivers side is the problem. It has an offset hook up point on the wiper that is currently on the car. The wiper looks OEM with the BMW logo on the air dam thing.

My son seems to think the problem is that the wiper arm is installed upside down. The J hook on the drivers side is open facing the opposite way of the windshield while the passenger side J hook is facing down toward the windshield.

Is this the proper direction for the J hooks? Does anyone have a wiper that is kind of offset at the hook up point?

A BIG thanks in advance for any replies.

Sincerely Barry
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #2
M5 London
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI - Aventurine Red

Hi Barry,

You are asking a question about an E34 M5 on an F10 M5 forum.

Try asking on this forum : http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/

There are several E34 M5 experts on it.

Also actually I recently bought an E34 M5 too. I'll try and take a photo of the windscreen wiper set up on it. It is a very late 3.8L car thought, 1995 MY
      09-24-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSBMW View Post
Hi All,

My son just bought his first M5. We are having a problem finding wiper blades that fit. The drivers side is the problem. It has an offset hook up point on the wiper that is currently on the car. The wiper looks OEM with the BMW logo on the air dam thing.

My son seems to think the problem is that the wiper arm is installed upside down. The J hook on the drivers side is open facing the opposite way of the windshield while the passenger side J hook is facing down toward the windshield.

Is this the proper direction for the J hooks? Does anyone have a wiper that is kind of offset at the hook up point?

A BIG thanks in advance for any replies.

Sincerely Barry
Reverse J is normal. Does the car have Speed Sensing variable pressure wiper on the drivers side? Wiper Arm mounting configuration would look like the image attached.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0