BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Order Placed!

09-17-2016, 04:13 PM   #1
Dmarcen
Private
Rep
Drives: TBD

Order Placed!

Finally making the dive into a luxury car and placed my order today. Went out to Cinci and placed the formalized order and traded in today!

'17 m2
LBB
DCT
Executive pkg
Apple CarPlay
Black kidney grills
Black side grills
Stainless steel pedals
CF spoiler
CF mirror caps
CF front and side winglets
CF diffuser
Tbd on if I'm going to go with the suspension. Need the dealership to confirm installed at port final price.

Decided to skip on the exhaust for now and may not pull the trigger on the suspension mainly due to concerns of having issues with speed bumps or certain entry and exit to certain places.

Thought I could get a bundled price on all of these options but no such luck since I got the car for MSRP and 5 people still waiting for their allocation behind me. Too bad delivery is early December right before Ohio snows set in... Good news is we purchased a wrangler as our 3rd car to drive in the weather conditions and that's fun too :-) haha

Super stoked and the wait now begins!... Oh my second guessing on the suspension haha
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 08:57 AM   #2
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
Finally making the dive into a luxury car and placed my order today. Went out to Cinci and placed the formalized order and traded in today!

'17 m2
LBB
DCT
Executive pkg
Apple CarPlay
Black kidney grills
Black side grills
Stainless steel pedals
CF spoiler
CF mirror caps
CF front and side winglets
CF diffuser
Tbd on if I'm going to go with the suspension. Need the dealership to confirm installed at port final price.

Decided to skip on the exhaust for now and may not pull the trigger on the suspension mainly due to concerns of having issues with speed bumps or certain entry and exit to certain places.

Thought I could get a bundled price on all of these options but no such luck since I got the car for MSRP and 5 people still waiting for their allocation behind me. Too bad delivery is early December right before Ohio snows set in... Good news is we purchased a wrangler as our 3rd car to drive in the weather conditions and that's fun too :-) haha

Super stoked and the wait now begins!... Oh my second guessing on the suspension haha
sounds awesome. what is your build week? mine is 46.

my dealer wouldnt entertain me talking about m perf parts just yet. was told to revisit that later once the car is coming along (before port) but i want similar to yours except im debating the mirror caps (AW)
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Dmarcen
Private
Rep
Drives: TBD

I didn't actually get a build week from him. Need to get on that. Is that info they have as soon as the order is placed? And then where do you go to check the status and such?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 04:55 PM   #4
Ian ///M
Captain
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 (DCT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2tek View Post
If you have your production number, you should call and they can tell you the estimated production week.

I personally have better luck with the Customer Relations number (though the BMW Genius line is fine too):

1-800-831-1117

Select Option 2, type in your production # and it will give an automated response. Then just say 'Customer Service' and it will transfer you to a representative who will ask for your production number again and should be able to provide you the information.
I quoted the member that helped me. this worked for me
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2016, 09:40 PM   #5
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarcen View Post
I didn't actually get a build week from him. Need to get on that. Is that info they have as soon as the order is placed? And then where do you go to check the status and such?
Did you get a production number? That's the most important thing to get.
Appreciate 0