E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding Multiple Modules - FSW_PSW.TRC file

09-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #1
aymen_a22
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i M-Sport

Coding Multiple Modules - FSW_PSW.TRC file

I am new to coding BMW's and I think I have successfully coded the digital speed on the Kombi, and coded out the LCI licence plate checks on my 06 pre-LCI E90.

I used NCS Expert and before coding I read the CAS and then saved a backup of the FSW_PSW.TRC file.

The kombi coding seems to have worked by firstly selecting VIN then selecting E89 (for my E90) then reading the car before entering the CAS and then selecting kombi. I then followed coding procedure and wrote the new code.

I then came back out and went into E89 (for my E90) and then read the vehicle and selected the FRM and changed the lighting codes. Again it all seems to have worked.

What confuses me is when using NCS Expert, in each module there were obviously a different list of codes however I only saved the CAS FSW_PSW.TRC. Does the FSW_PSW.TRC file hold all coding, or should I have backed up the CAS FSW_PSW.TRC file and the FRM FSW_PSW.TRC file?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

n you first connect to the car (ie reading VIN) there is a trace file (.trc file) that is saved in the work folder. You probably will never use this file, however; reading a module will replace the contents of the said TRC file.

If you'd like to save copies of each module before/ after changes you certainly can rename the file to whatever scheme that helps you keep track of things. Do note that you can always have a module return to factory coding with the expert mode profile. Hope this helps