E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > e92 335i exhaust humming under light load/ cruising

09-12-2016, 02:05 PM   #1
Minisi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

e92 335i exhaust humming under light load/ cruising

Hi all,
my car is a 2008 e92 335i AT.
recently noticed a humming noise which is coming from exhaust/ possibly engine?!
It is a humming noise that does not change in pitch or get any louder/ quieter and doesn't matter what speed I'm going.
the noise is apprant in any gear but only under light throttle or cruising.
Car is running FBO + inlets and jb4 map 2. boost is strong and pulls well at around 15-16psi. happy with the cars performance when at WOT.

The car is running aftermarket BBS LM reps with new Goodyear asymmetric tyres. Has also had the hpfp changed back in April.

Only went FBO last month and had walnut blast at the same time, sounds to me like it's the lpfp struggling.

I have recently performed the JB4 firmware update with the intention of performing a Mhd BEF (waiting for new K+dcan cable as mine is faulty)

it seems to be since this firmware update that it's making the noise.

anyone else had similar issues or noises?

the only codes I have showing is one for catless downpipes and exhaust flap as I have done the golf ball tee mod.

hopefully someone can help.
Appreciate 0