THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Question on gauges lighting

09-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
djarchow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Question on gauges lighting

When I got in my m235i today my gauges didn't look right, though it might just be my imagination or faulty memory.

Is there any lighting of the speedometer and tachometer if the headlights are off? With the headlights off, my fuel gauge and the eco pro virtual gauge are lit up nice and bright at all times but the speedo and tach don't have any lighting.

When I turn on the headlights I get the normal red lighting on the gauges but I thought when the lights are off I had some amount of white lighting on the speedo and tach before today?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarchow View Post
When I got in my m235i today my gauges didn't look right, though it might just be my imagination or faulty memory.

Is there any lighting of the speedometer and tachometer if the headlights are off? With the headlights off, my fuel gauge and the eco pro virtual gauge are lit up nice and bright at all times but the speedo and tach don't have any lighting.

When I turn on the headlights I get the normal red lighting on the gauges but I thought when the lights are off I had some amount of white lighting on the speedo and tach before today?

Thanks!
No, there isn't. It's one of the most common complaints about the 2 Series; not even the M2 has it. There are other threads (a search for "backlighting" should reveal some).

Last edited by Viffermike; 09-09-2016 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 0