proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest

09-03-2016, 12:21 AM   #1
Cancelled1234
Private
Rep
Drives: 1

Bellingham/Seattle area BMW M4 custom exhaust installer...

I just got my 2016 M4. I live in Bellingham. I am the second owner, bought it in CA with 11K miles on it. I am looking for a Western Washington custom exhaust installer. I want to get rid of the CA emission crap on the car and get an exhaust that is a lot more aggressive sounding with less rasp. I hear Remus is a good option. I plan to add the JB4 for stage 1 and 2 use, and eventually want to add more mods like charge pipes, down pipes, etc. I figured a new exhaust is a good place to start.

I need some suggestions on where I can take it for the work. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2016, 07:54 PM   #2
schnazzy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMBSSM4

"get rid of the CA emission crap"... Pretty much all cars sold in the US now are "50 state emissions legal". It means they all comply with CARB. It isn't "CA emissions crap" it is all states emission crap since everyone now follows the clear air act.

There are 4 cats which I think is what you are talking about. No licensed muffler or performance shop will take out cats as they don't want to be fined or have their license revoked. If you find one, pay cash. You might be able to trailer your car there and convince them it is a race car.

Putting a JB4 in (map2) with 93 oct fuel will yield much more HP than taking out cats. Buy the BMS exhaust or the BMW Mperf exhuast and the JB4. It will sound more aggressive and be faster.
Appreciate 2
F831355.50
      09-09-2016, 03:30 AM   #3
Cancelled1234
Private
Rep
Drives: 1

Thanks for the reply. I am learning stuff every day and what you say makes sense. Instead of just paying lots of extra money trying to make the car sound more aggressive, I should just actually make the car more aggressive and it will sound better as a result.

MPE, then JB4. Thanks for the confirmation.

Last edited by Cancelled1234; 09-09-2016 at 03:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
F831355.50
      09-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #4
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbosek
Thanks for the reply. I am learning stuff every day and what you say makes sense. Instead of just paying lots of extra money trying to make the car sound more aggressive, I should just actually make the car more aggressive and it will sound better as a result.

MPE, then JB4. Thanks for the confirmation.
Yes to this but MPE will also make it sound soooo much more aggressive and better also.

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0