E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Angel Eyes won't work with Xenons - Pre-LCI 2006 e92

09-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #1
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

Angel Eyes won't work with Xenons - Pre-LCI 2006 e92

so story goes...ordered a pair of cheapy AEs from ebay. Installed them and had no errors - apart from the poor brightness, was error free and had a great run for 3 months. Driver side stopped working so I ordered a more expensive pair, supposedly mtecs. Did the same install on my pre-lci 2006 e92 but they refuse to work along with my xenon headlights.

they would work fine as standalone DRLs when i have my headlamp set to '0' but the moment i turn the dial to auto or headlights on, CCC starts throwing left and right DRL errors and after 1 minute both AEs will switch off leaving the xenons on.

When I reboot car with just '0' again the AEs will work fine on its own.

Seller tells me that pre-lci 2006 needs a different driver to run these AEs, but can't confirm when they are able to ship them in. At this point, I feel like I can code out the errors and reduce the brightness on the LEDs to get them working with my car, the AEs on default, were a little too bright for my liking anyway.

I've recently invested in an INPA D-CAN cable and have most of the files setup to run BMW tools and NCSExpert, can someone point me in the right direction to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2016, 11:28 AM   #2
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

See this doc to get you started, in there it explains the settings you need to change to clear aftermarket AE codes...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...CPqY7sEC#gid=0
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
Avex
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i AW

hey guys any ideas? so i've turned off all cold/warm bulb checks with NCSExpert. Verified since LED license plate and side markers no longer blink on engine start.

my gut is saying that the the AEs require a lot less voltage to run, and with the xenons on, the AEs draw even less power, possibly emulating a short of some kind.

INPA shows error codes 9CBB and 9CBC.
Appreciate 0