E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Continual Daten download failures! Have you ever seen agrown man cry? HELP

08-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #1
Guido S
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 328ix

Question Continual Daten download failures! Have you ever seen agrown man cry? HELP

Freezes, runs out of memory, drops the connection, runs at KB rates most of the time, runs backwards then freezes....I've probably tried 30-40 times to get this done w/o luck. Then I read how all of you get 'er done in 20-30 minutes. What am I missing? I wasn't raised with a computer on my night stand so I have no intuitive understanding of their operations ergo can't trouble shoot problems like these.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido S View Post
Freezes, runs out of memory, drops the connection, runs at KB rates most of the time, runs backwards then freezes....I've probably tried 30-40 times to get this done w/o luck. Then I read how all of you get 'er done in 20-30 minutes. What am I missing? I wasn't raised with a computer on my night stand so I have no intuitive understanding of their operations ergo can't trouble shoot problems like these.
Are you working on downloading the latest E89 DATEN files (i.e. ~4.5 GB RAR file) from wildcatcrazy?

If so I think you just have to keep trying, and perhaps on a better internet connection. I have a hardwired connection to my gigabit router I use for big downloads. Even on that the thing timed out or errored out a few times. It also makes a difference how many other people are trying to download at the same time. I finally got all my files to download last night after trying quite a few times, so I can confidently say that it does all work like it should. You just need to find the most reliable, fastest internet connection you can and keep trying...
Appreciate 0