F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > F36 bumper question
Extreme Powerhouse

08-04-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

Had to have a new lower grille fitted a while ago after the original ate a pigeon. Obviously this meant dealer removed the bumper.

Bumper is aligned and fitted fine appearance wise but I noticed whilst washing it tonight there seems to be more "give", "rebound" on the passenger side when you press on it (as I did when getting flies off during wash process).

I checked all fixings are secure and they are. I did note there must be different components behind bumper on drivers side vs passenger side as you can clearly see an extra radiator next to the drivers side foglight on the 435i whereas on passenger side the plastic grill next to foglight is filled in. So there's clearly a difference between the two sides and I know all modern bumpers are designed to be able to be pushed in and rebound it just seems more pronounced on passenger side and there's an associated "squeak" as you push on it. Not something you can hear whilst driving and I presume a result of there being more gaps behind bumper on passenger side.

If anyone else with an F36 can see what theirs is like that would be great. I'll pop it into dealer to let them check it was refitted correctly. Could be a non issue and may have always been like that but now I cannot tell if it's just since they removed and refit the bumper.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 04:12 PM   #2
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

There is an easy way to prevent this happening, don't press on the bumper!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #3
NorthEastX5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 3.0d M-Sport / 435i F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston
There is an easy way to prevent this happening, don't press on the bumper!
Ha

True. My wife said that.

Just doesn't seem right. I'll nip to the dealer tomorrow and get it checked. Wouldn't be first time they've taken something off the car and not refitted it correctly :/
Appreciate 1
teaston10998.00