THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Any coders in Hartford, Springfield areas

07-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Any coders in Hartford, Springfield areas

Looking for (preferably) a local coder. Central CT, Springfield MA. I understand coding can be done remotely - I'd rather not do that.

I already have ordered the cable; on its way.

If you provide coding services or know someone in the area, please send me PM.

Thanks!

2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #2
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
Looking for (preferably) a local coder. Central CT, Springfield MA. I understand coding can be done remotely - I'd rather not do that.

I already have ordered the cable; on its way.

If you provide coding services or know someone in the area, please send me PM.

Thanks!

If you already ordered the cable you should just take a shot at it yourself. Its pretty easy after you follow a few videos.

If not, I have a friend in Stamford that knows how to code, but no one in Hartford unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbalch View Post
If you already ordered the cable you should just take a shot at it yourself. Its pretty easy after you follow a few videos.

If not, I have a friend in Stamford that knows how to code, but no one in Hartford unfortunately.
Thanks man!!

The cable I got - the seller does say he sends along a list of stuff you can code specific to yiur car, and links to some how to help vids & even a token.

I am close enough to Stamford; id make the trip if i get lost in the software. so I'll give it a shot first, I'll reach out to you for contact info.

I am mildly tech geeky; which just means I only know so much & am adept at breaking stuff.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #4
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65
Quote:

Thanks man!!

The cable I got - the seller does say he sends along a list of stuff you can code specific to yiur car, and links to some how to help vids & even a token.

I am close enough to Stamford; id make the trip if i get lost in the software. so I'll give it a shot first, I'll reach out to you for contact info.

I am mildly tech geeky; which just means I only know so much & am adept at breaking stuff.
Just stay suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper far away from the "code defaults" button and you'll be safe. Just follow the vids in the first post of the coding cheatsheet thread and you'll be fine. I watched them about 5 times before coding and then watched it while I was coding.

Be sure to read every line in that first post too. Specifically on how to import the cheatsheet. Some people prefer offline coding, but I'm never in there long enough to make it worth my while. That's just me though.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #5
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Just stay suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper far away from the "code defaults" button and you'll be safe. Just follow the vids in the first post of the coding cheatsheet thread and you'll be fine. I watched them about 5 times before coding and then watched it while I was coding.

Be sure to read every line in that first post too. Specifically on how to import the cheatsheet. Some people prefer offline coding, but I'm never in there long enough to make it worth my while. That's just me though.
HAHAHA! Awesome warning! LOL You can bet I am gonna heed it!!

Thanks man!
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 06:17 PM   #6
crbalch
The Schwab
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 AW M340xi

Garage List
2017 BMW X1  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65
Quote:

Thanks man!!

I still never bothered to figure out the cheatsheet haha, always just coded it quickly with the car on
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2016, 03:13 AM   #7
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASH65 View Post
Thanks man!!

I can send you guides, cheat sheets, software (including token) and latest PSdzdata to code your car if you want.

I am not sure how far you have gotten in your research, but coding is a bit of a misnomer and customizing your vehicle is not much more than changing drop-down menus to predetermined values.
Appreciate 1