E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Ifh 0003 error help

07-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #1
Adorableminpin
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Ifh 0003 error help

E90 08 - changed out battery to lead acid with higher amps per hour, now trying to code the car. The car is completely dead. It does have power, I checked the positive cable under the hood. No lights or anything. I have read other threads which stated this has happened to other cars from a simple battery change.
I ordered a cable and software from eBay. Middle priced. Says it works on all pc software. I have downloaded to my windows 10 HP and to my gateway Vista. The vista had a port issue because it's so old so I had to put it back on my HP.
I've had the IFH 0003 error. I was able to download updated drivers for the kcan cable yesterday and finally saw a green light on the cable. Then I received a different error in INPA. I closed it out and then the 0003 error came back and the light is off on the cable again. NCS always says the vin is faulty.
After hours and hours of research and trying suggestions, the port is correct, FIFO is correct, IP address is correct, port settings in Ediabas is 6801. I really like a challenge but this is ridiculous. Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #2
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Did you change latency to 1?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 07:09 PM   #3
Adorableminpin
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i

Garage List
2008 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Lightbulb

Yes, latency is changed to one.
I tried the INPA program on a 135i m and it worked intermittently clearing codes for the ABS Lights that are on. Problem still exists with that car. Next thing is to try and clean the SZL module on this one.
Back to the 08 3 series. After much more research it appears we may have had a fuse box / red cable failure. I need to see if this was ever changed out under the recall.
So the battery change may not have been needed. My husband was driving the car when this happened. Thank goodness it was on a residential road.
So now, I need to call about the fuse box, key won't stay in the ignition probably because here is no power at all in the car. Now it makes more sense.
Appreciate 0