THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Just discovered. Streaming Video from USB controls (FF/RW/Pause)

07-11-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
Madmatt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Just discovered. Streaming Video from USB controls (FF/RW/Pause)

Apologies if this info is already common knowledge or posted before but up until tonight I was always under the impression that we were limited on the controls available to those that play videos via a USB thumbstick.

While I knew you could change inputs to something like the Radio which would in essence stop the video, I did not see a way to fast forward or rewind a video that was playing, or freeze/pause and then Unpause the video. Until now...

I discovered tonight that if you are watching a video via USB and you push the volume control knob on the radio, it not only mutes the audio as it does with the stereo but it also PAUSES the video playback.

In addition, the Left and Right arrows on the right side of the stereo controls have functionality.

If you just press them, they seem to restart the current video from the begining (need to experiment with this) however, of more use is what occurs if you HOLD either one down. HOLDING the left arrow will rewind the video on screen and HOLDING the right arrow button will Fast Forward the video.

So, we actually did have Fast Forward, Rewind and Pause features all this time, they were literally right in front of us.

Enjoy!

Madmatt
      07-12-2016, 09:51 AM   #2
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Yes, works for FF/RW in audio as well.
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0