E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Angel Eyes Losing Power

07-09-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Brian_C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 335D

Angel Eyes Losing Power

Hi,

I've started a similar thread in the lighting section as I initially thought it may be wiring issue or something non code related but now it's looking like it might be a coding issue.

Basically I've retrofitted hid projectors and they are operating correctly after adding the option $522 to the VO etc. but my angel eyes which are tapped into the parking lights only stay on for a very short period (under 30 seconds) before shutting off, this happens with the key out, key in, ignition on, and engine running. And once they shut off the only way to get them back on is turn off and on the ignition which seems to reset the feature which is cutting power.

I've checked the voltage with a multimeter and with a parking light bulb in the voltage reads just under 12V indefintely and with an angel eye bulb in when they are lighting it reads just under 12V then suddenly jumps to 0V and they shut off.

I've attached my current fsw psw file for the FRM module as it currently stands, any help would be appreciated. My car is a 2006 335D with and FRM1 module.

Brian.
Attached Files
File Type: txt FSW_PSW (1).TXT (25.9 KB, 396 views)
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
Vr666dub
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

You ever figure out your problem? I'm very interested in this build and if possible i would like to pick your brain about it. Appreciate it and thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
Dtype
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d

Did you put lci xenon headlights on a non lci car?
If so, need to rewire.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2017, 07:48 AM   #4
riso1988
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 440i xDrive GC, '06 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtype View Post
If so, need to rewire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtype View Post
If so, need to rewire.
Hey Dtype, I don't want to hijack the thread but I am having the same issue explained and I did swap out my pre-lci xenon adaptives with LCI.

I was under the impression this was plug and play with coding. Is that not the case? Do you know what pins I'd have to swap? Thanks!
Appreciate 0