E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Dealership woes, opinions needed

06-15-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
NRudy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Dealership woes, opinions needed

Last week i had one of my angel light bulbs fail on me.

I took it to the dealership who proceeded to leave me sat there for 2 hours then charge me £51 to change it.

Then they gave me a new set of issues...

Air con wont blow cold enough.

Gearbox leak.

Engine leak.

I drove off thinking all these problems. I drive for 20 minutes and realise im red hot, i then notice my climate control which was fine during the recent heatwave wont maintain temperature, it simply keeps the fan on speed 2 and the temperature wont blow hot or cold unless at 28 or 16 degrees respectively at which point the fan blows full.

A day later im parked up at night and notice my headlights are not level, one of them is low the other is high so one blinds the car in front the other looks dull (xenons).

I go straight to the dealership and tell them. They said your issue is your air con needs refilling as it doesnt blow cold enough. i proceeded to show them this new issue that arose after they tested it, he agrees its an issue and they book it in.

I take the car to my indy to confirm the leaks. He tells me Its the rocker thats leaking down the block to the sump, coincidently the dealership had the rocker off when did major camshaft work 6 months ago.

So the car goes in this morning, here is the diagnosis from the dealer.

The light problem... Doesnt exist as they cant see it however, they recommend i change the other light bulb as when they change one it can seem brighter that the other one.... I advised you changed an angel light bulb which would have no effect on the brightness of my xenon nor should it change the angle of the bulb thus your wrong.

Climate control.. Its supposidly a coding issue and they want 1.5 hours to recode it which i responded, how is the car fine working perfectly you change a bulb now you need 1.5 hours to put it back to how it was before you changed a bulb?!?!?.

Engine leak... Rocker isnt leaking its all fromy the sump pan and they havent touched that when replacing the camshaft and camshaft bearing leagues. I advised of what my indy had said to which they respond thats his opinion and we have ours we know these cars inside out.

I also have a rattle between 1.5k rpm and 3.5k on medium throttle, over 3.5k or WOT it goes away. I said it seems the first turbo is rattling. He says they are meant to rattle they are desgined that way... I mention wastegates and they say BMW made them to rattle on the first.

Now am i being taken for a ride here or does this seem accurate?
Appreciate 0