E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > EGS module help

06-06-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
RXbandit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 BMW 335i

EGS module help

Hello everyone.
I was updating a few modules on a 2006 650i /auto trans with ista/p using a k/dcan cable, during which I had a voltage drop. The car was connected to a charger, however at some point I think one of the cables was bumped causing a bad contact. I have tried resetting the EGS module with tool32 and reprogramming with winkfp with no success and I get several faults in winkfp, one of which stating "switching program mode failed 10flash, diagnose mode (ECUPM): error security access denied_security access requested". So it seems to be stuck in emergency mode or something.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm missing some info that you guys may need to help, so let me know what other info you need.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 04:24 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Can you show the exact error in a screenshot?

Have you tried flashing with ISTA-P expert mode again? Or even NFS Emergency Flash
Appreciate 1
      06-07-2016, 08:45 AM   #3
RXbandit
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 BMW 335i

Thank you for the reply Sensible_.

I have tried repeating ista/p in expert mode with no success. I have not tried NFS emergency flash yet. I have it on my computer from when I downloaded the Standard Tools package but it doesnt seem to be working for some reason. I will try to get it working in the mean time.

Here are the screenshots. I apologize they aren't true screenshots and are crappy, but I was trying to wrap it up before that damn tropical storm blew through yesterday haha. I can get better ones today if needed.

And heres an error from the EGS module from after attempting with ista/p.

Thank you again.
Appreciate 0