E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Netodat coding night time gauge light voltage (I need help)

06-05-2016, 11:49 AM   #1
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Netodat coding night time gauge light voltage (I need help)

Gents, my coder and I are trying to find WHERE to go to change the voltage for the gauges.

At night, when gauges are lit, I am given 10 "steps" to change the brightness. 1 being very dim. 10 being very bright.

The only thing we have seen with "ten" steps in it I have attached. But we don't think this is it.

I tried asking on the german forums and got no where.

What I am looking to have is the following:

-Off completely when I am extreme rural areas so I can have max visibility out the car
-Second "step" would be very dim like factory dimmest setting
-Third and final step would be max brightness (when I'm in the city and want to show off my mood lighting, on a date, etc...)

The ten factory "steps" are just a lot that I don't need. Plus none of them turn off my gauge lighting which I was use to being able to do and LOVED on my 350z and also my Lexus IS-F. Having the gauges off, when I knew how fast I was already going was very very nice for outward visibility and gave me the ability to feel safer by having no light distraction inside the cabin.
Attached Images

06-05-2016, 11:51 AM   #2
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

Again as you see attached, these were the only items that we could find in the KOMBI that had 10 wert values.

Yet the german translation says nothing about gauges.
      06-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

808AWD325xi I'd love to hear what you think.
      06-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Have you look in NCSDummy?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 01:15 PM   #5
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensible_ View Post
Have you look in NCSDummy?
We did. Yes sir.
      06-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #6
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub View Post
We did. Yes sir.
I think you should look to FRM...

Code:
U_POTI_DIMM_MIN             00340203 (01)                                         FF                                                    INSTRUMENT LIGHTS DIMMER POTENTIOMETER MINIMUM VOLTAGE [VOLTAGE_V=(DATA*5)/255]                                                                                                             
    wert_01                     38                                                    38                                                    value 01                                                                                                                                                                                PL2
U_POTI_DIMM_DELTA           00340204 (01)                                         FF                                                    INSTRUMENT LIGHTS DIMMER POTENTIOMETER VOLTAGE SPAN BETWEEN MINIMUM AND MAXIMUM [VOLTAGE_V=(DATA*5)/255]                                                                                    
    wert_01                     99                                                    99                                                    value 01                                                                                                                                                                                PL2
MELDUNG_AENDERUNG_DIMMER    00340205 (01)                                         FF                                                    INSTRUMENT LIGHTS DIMMER CHANGE BEFORE K-BUS MESSAGE GENERATED [ANGLE_°=(DATA*120)/255]                                                                                                     
    wert_01                     07                                                    07                                                    value 01                                                                                                                                                                                PL2
TASTVERH_KL_58G_MIN         00340206 (01)                                         FF                                                    MINIMUM BRIGHTNESS PULSE DUTY FACTOR FOR INSTRUMENT LIGHTS (BASE WIDTH)                                                                                                                     
    wert_01                     11                                                    11                                                    value 01                                                                                                                                                                                PL2
ZUWACHS_TASTVERH_KL_58G     00340207 (01)                                         FF                                                    MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS PULSE DUTY FACTOR FOR INSTRUMENT LIGHTS (ADDED TO BASE WIDTH)                                                                                                            
    wert_01                     EE                                                    EE                                                    value 01                                                                                                                                                                                PL2
    wert_02                     42                                                    42                                                    value 02                                                                                                                                                                                
POTI_DIMM_INVERS            00340208 (01)                                         01                                                    INVERTED POTENTIOMETER INSTRUMENT FOR LIGHTS DIMMER                                                                                                                                         
    nicht_aktiv                 00                                                    00                                                    not enabled                                                                                                                                                                             !(MAERZ07,NFRM_CI_31)
    aktiv                       01                                                    01                                                    enabled                                                                                                                                                                                 MAERZ07,NFRM_CI_31
POTI_LWR_INVERS             00340208 (01)                                         02                                                    INVERTED POTENTIOMETER FOR VERTICAL HEADLIGHT AIM CONTROL (LWR)                                                                                                                             
    nicht_aktiv                 00                                                    00                                                    not enabled                                                                                                                                                                             PL2
    aktiv                       01                                                    02                                                    enabled                                                                                                                                                                                 
LEUCHTDICHTE_EXPO           00340208 (01)                                         04                                                    EXPONENTIAL LUMINANCE CHANGE FOR INSTRUMENT LIGHTS                                                                                                                                          
    nicht_aktiv                 00                                                    00                                                    not enabled                                                                                                                                                                             PL2
    aktiv                       01                                                    04                                                    enabled
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2016, 07:26 PM   #7
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

@sensible, wow yea we never looked in the frm . Thank you we will try it
Appreciate 0