E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Lewis Hamilton - what a victory!

05-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #1
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Lewis Hamilton - what a victory!

I can't believe he won that race! Awesome race craft. I was swearing when he chose not to come in and stay on wets, thinking there's no way he was going to win.

Then the way he had to manage the ultra-soft whilst keeping Ricciardo behind was something else.

His 44th victory, surely one of his best.

On a different note, watching the violence the cars through the swimming pool chicane is so spectacular. It must be really special to be able to watch them at Monaco.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2016, 02:57 AM   #2
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Quite agree. To be honest, the strategy guys need a rubber stamp made especially for Monaco, and they need to stamp each other's foreheads with it on race day... It would say "track position is ALL that matters"
Clearly Lewis's team remember last year... Ricardo is right to be pissed off.

Superb race, Ricardo is one hell of a driver.

And the shots from that chicane are truly amazing. I love actually seeing the rear wing working, and the change of direction is stunning.
      05-30-2016, 06:14 AM   #3
Dann
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 LCi 335i

I hate Hamilton with a passion.

He didn't deserve the win and certainly didn't earn it like he thinks. If it was a different track Ric would have won, it's just Monaco has no places to overtake so it's like watching traffic.

He was gifted it by another RBR fuck up. Feel really sorry for Ric and am interested to see what it does for his relationship with RBR.
      05-31-2016, 06:02 AM   #4
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post

He didn't deserve the win and certainly didn't earn it like he thinks. If it was a different track Ric would have won, it's just Monaco has no places to overtake so it's like watching traffic.

He was gifted it by another RBR fuck up. Feel really sorry for Ric and am interested to see what it does for his relationship with RBR.
Totally agree with all you say, and whoever says LH is not arrogant, needs to pay attention to his comments.

He was cocky at 9 years old, and has got steadily worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2016, 12:53 PM   #5
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

Cocky. A trait you don't often see in great racing drivers.
      05-31-2016, 02:10 PM   #6
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post

Also totally agree with this!
As soon as he stepped off the podium, he gave the first sip of champagne to his celeb mate Bieber rather than the team!

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2016, 08:25 AM   #7
ahmedb
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Silverstone M3

I wouldn't go as far as hatred with a passion against Hamilton but I definitely dislike the guy (I'm a Ferrari fan, always have been). He is also a better driver than Rosberg, I will give him that and his attacking driving style helped him switch the car and tyres on which Rosberg simply couldn't do.

As for the race, Ricciardo was robbed big time. He did everything right and I think the RBR team got the strategy spot on but for the pit stop cock up. They chose the right tyres and the right time to pit. Ricciardo was driver of the weekend and in an inferior car, showed his class and talent.

I also think that Ricciardo could have overtaken Hamilton when he was on inters and Hamilton was on wets but he was smart enough to see it as unnecessary at the time and decided to wait for Hamilton to pit, knowing that he had life left in his tyres and could bolt when in free air.

Ricciardo's stationary pit stop time was circa 13 seconds and he came out fractionally behind Hamilton. That means the combination of Hamilton's out lap and Ricciardo's in lap, there was about 10 seconds of difference in pace in Ricciardo's favour. A super stonking lap from Ricciardo and a poor lap from Hamilton when the pressure was on. Even after Hamilton came out ahead of Ricciardo, he had an extra lap of knowledge, heat and confidence on the ultra soft tyres (which are quicker than the super softs that Danny Ric had) but he couldn't pull away until the end of the race. Ricciardo's out lap compared to Hamilton's showed up the confidence/skill of the drivers on that circuit in those conditions.

In a nutshell, Hamilton got lucky, really lucky, which you could argue he was due after Mercedes cost him the win last year at Monaco but it was hard on Danny Ric to have been bummed by his team 2 races in a row. RBR used to know how to lead a race in the Vettel days, what's happening to them now

Last edited by ahmedb; 06-01-2016 at 08:30 AM..
Appreciate 0