THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA GPS traffic info

05-24-2016, 07:05 AM   #1
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 228i xDrive

GPS traffic info

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone that has nav, but not the ARTTI/Connected drive option is able to get traffic on their nav system.

I have a 2016 228i w/Premium Enhanced. What i was told was that I should still be able to get basic traffic info, but not the real-time info that you get with the connected apps package. I have enabled all the traffic info options on the GPS, but i have never seen any traffic messages. Living in the GTA, this seemed a bit strange since there is perpetual traffic here.

Any thoughts?

At first i thought it might be because i disabled RDS on my radio tuner because i hated the way it displayed the station name rather than the number, but i believe those should be independent radio tuners.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 11:23 PM   #2
Xraysam
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i xDrive M-Sport

In the same boat as you, but AFAIK we don't get traffic info without ConnectedDrive and whoever told you that it's able to get basic traffic info might have been talking outta their ass. If you do figure it out, lemme know though 'cuz I haven't been able to get it to work either. It just constantly says some parts of the 404 and 401 are heavy traffic, which I guess is true haha!

But yeah. Kinda bummed out to have NAV and everything but no traffic info.

Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 09:28 PM   #3
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xraysam View Post
In the same boat as you, but AFAIK we don't get traffic info without ConnectedDrive and whoever told you that it's able to get basic traffic info might have been talking outta their ass. If you do figure it out, lemme know though 'cuz I haven't been able to get it to work either. It just constantly says some parts of the 404 and 401 are heavy traffic, which I guess is true haha!

But yeah. Kinda bummed out to have NAV and everything but no traffic info.
I have a feeling that if you drive into the states it'll work fine but that the traffic info isn't picked up in Canada.

I recall reading something in the F30 forums. Not sure if the coding will be similar in the F22 as i'm pretty sure it's a different head unit: http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=924464

Last edited by Abstraction; 05-29-2016 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 10:00 PM   #4
Abstraction
Private
Canada
Rep

As a side note, i was driving in Mississauga a couple weeks ago, and i could have sworn i saw some traffic info pop up in the traffic flow (grey) display, but maybe i'm just imagining it.
Appreciate 0