E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > EGR delete kit for N57 330D LCI?

05-09-2016, 05:54 AM   #1
AzRiz
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LE500

EGR delete kit for N57 330D LCI?

Hey guys

Does anyone know if an EGR delete kit for my 330D LCI?

Been trying to search for one but can't find anything.

Thanks
Az

Progress Thread | Instagram: @azriz
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 06:29 AM   #2
dragerboy
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330D

I purchased one off Ebay for my Pre Lci 330D. Think it was about £40.00. I thought it was a pain to fit but it did improve my car but is currently removed because although I have had a DPF delete this did not include the deletion of the EGR software.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 06:30 AM   #3
dragerboy
Captain
Rep

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-0d-3...wAAOSwp5JWbbiJ

It was from these guys If I remember correctly.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 06:39 AM   #4
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Hey guys

Does anyone know if an EGR delete kit for my 330D LCI?

Been trying to search for one but can't find anything.

Thanks
Az
Why are you looking to do this? Reason I ask, i recently removed the EGR on my N57 to clean and I was surprised how clean it was. I was expected loads of carbon buildup but there was just a light coating of soot.

Seems like the N57 EGR's dont clog up like the older M57 engines.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 07:46 AM   #5
AzRiz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragerboy View Post
I purchased one off Ebay for my Pre Lci 330D. Think it was about £40.00. I thought it was a pain to fit but it did improve my car but is currently removed because although I have had a DPF delete this did not include the deletion of the EGR software.
Quote:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-0d-3...wAAOSwp5JWbbiJ

It was from these guys If I remember correctly.
Thanks mate, seen that one but it apparently doesn't suit the N57

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60525d View Post
Why are you looking to do this? Reason I ask, i recently removed the EGR on my N57 to clean and I was surprised how clean it was. I was expected loads of carbon buildup but there was just a light coating of soot.

Seems like the N57 EGR's dont clog up like the older M57 engines.
Thanks for that info, here's a brief story:
  • Car was at bodyshop for 5 weeks instead of 2 weeks as stated
  • Obviously would have been started and moved around multiple times in these 5 weeks
  • No long drive at all
  • Now at every cold start, car struggles to idle and even cuts out at the first stop like at traffic lights (was a baaad scene a few weeks ago when it cut out in the middle of a busy 4-way junction....)
  • Carly app shows only 3 engine errors, all are EGR-related (I expected glowplugs or DPF)
  • No DPF warnings or anything, car runs awesome once it has gained some temperature by driving for even 2-3 mins from cold start
  • I've done about 250 miles on the car, at high revs on the motorway since issues first began, in hope that it would clear itself out (DPF worries)
  • Still has the issue, I want to either clean or replace the valve if hopefully that is the only cause of the problem, and would consider deleting to avoid any CBU issues ever again

At what mileage did you see your EGR valve and what kind of driving does it typically see?

Mine was all fine as a motorway-only car but all of this has started since it was stuck at the bodyshop for all that time and must have seen many starts and idles without a drive.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 08:00 AM   #6
dragerboy
Captain
Rep

Yes the one I linked from Ebay is not correct but message them and they will know which one you require. I actually sent a photo of my one to them just to confirm they sold the correct one.

When I removed mine (123k miles) it was a right mess. Car smoked less with delete and felt crisper from stand still.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 08:18 AM   #7
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzRiz View Post
Thanks mate, seen that one but it apparently doesn't suit the N57

Thanks for that info, here's a brief story:
  • Car was at bodyshop for 5 weeks instead of 2 weeks as stated
  • Obviously would have been started and moved around multiple times in these 5 weeks
  • No long drive at all
  • Now at every cold start, car struggles to idle and even cuts out at the first stop like at traffic lights (was a baaad scene a few weeks ago when it cut out in the middle of a busy 4-way junction....)
  • Carly app shows only 3 engine errors, all are EGR-related (I expected glowplugs or DPF)
  • No DPF warnings or anything, car runs awesome once it has gained some temperature by driving for even 2-3 mins from cold start
  • I've done about 250 miles on the car, at high revs on the motorway since issues first began, in hope that it would clear itself out (DPF worries)
  • Still has the issue, I want to either clean or replace the valve if hopefully that is the only cause of the problem, and would consider deleting to avoid any CBU issues ever again

At what mileage did you see your EGR valve and what kind of driving does it typically see?

Mine was all fine as a motorway-only car but all of this has started since it was stuck at the bodyshop for all that time and must have seen many starts and idles without a drive.
Car was at 90,000 when I cleaned. I do mainly town and A road driving.

I will advise to clean it first. Its relatively to remove the EGR.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 09:20 AM   #8
AzRiz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes the one I linked from Ebay is not correct but message them and they will know which one you require. I actually sent a photo of my one to them just to confirm they sold the correct one.

When I removed mine (123k miles) it was a right mess. Car smoked less with delete and felt crisper from stand still.
Thanks for the info bud, I'll get in touch with them if I go ahead with a delete then

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60525d View Post
Car was at 90,000 when I cleaned. I do mainly town and A road driving.

I will advise to clean it first. Its relatively to remove the EGR.
Cool mate, I'll start with that, cheers.

Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 10:30 AM   #9
richy_335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e91 335d m sport

Ive been looking at these

http://www.toolstation.com/v3/m/part.html?p=66812

Exactly the same ones that are on eBay for £7 each!!! Need to fit it onto the engine side of the egr cooler. Guessing because it could physically get draw into the intake if you got it on the egr side. Keeps everything looking stock that way. Then just need to get it coded out so it will never open the egr valve
Appreciate 0